Chapter 27

For the first time since they met, Chris was actually nervous about seeing Charlotte. She hadn't been in his house since she quit and moved back to New York with Sebastian. He wore a suit as requested. He thought it was a little bit ridiculous, but she wanted to keep up this game between them for a bit, one he was happy to play. He felt his heart start to race when he heard her knock on the door. He opened the door to her smiling face, easing his worry. He looked her up and down in her black pencil shirt and purple sleeveless blouse tucked in.

He watched her smirk at him as he inspected her, "gonna let me in?"

Chris shook his head, "sorry. Please, come in." He moved to let her in, "I'll be in the dining room."

Charlotte took her overnight bag and her shoes to Chris' bedroom before sitting next to Chris at the dining room table. She leaned towards him as she set down her laptop and notebook, "you look hot too by the way."

Chris mirrored her, leaning towards her, "hot enough to kiss me?"

"More than. But not yet." She laughed as he leaned back, pouting.

He motioned to the table, "well love, the floor is yours."

Charlotte leaned back in her seat, "I was talking to Tommy yesterday and I called you my boyfriend. So I thought maybe we should discuss our relationship moving forward as well."

She blushed at the excitement on his face when she called him her boyfriend, "of course! Want to discuss that first?"

Charlotte nodded, "sure." She leaned forward again, her face flirty, "I plan on spending the night, in your bed. And I plan on doing it often. I'm not sure I'm ready to move in permanently yet, but I do plan on being here as often as possible." She watched as he was about to say his approval but she put her hand up, "you said I had the floor." She watched the sideways smile that drove her wild as he nodded. She sat up straight, "what's for dinner?"

Chris laughed, "I ordered Chinese food. Why?"

She shook her head, "you need to learn how to cook. More than just breakfast. Yeah?"

"I know." He nodded in agreement.

"Can I ask? If you've been with anyone since New Year's?" Charlotte held her breath as she waited for him to answer.

"Of course you can ask. And the answer is no, I haven't. I only want to be with you Charlotte. I assume since you were living with Sebastian, you were having sex with him. Anyone else?"

She watched him lean his head on his hand, chewing on his ring finger. She practically moaned as she answered him, "I was having sex with him. I slept with him the night of the premiere as a sort of goodbye. No one since then." She leaned forward again as he did the same, reaching for his hand, "if we do this, I plan on it being just you and me."

Chris brought her hand to his kiss, kissing it softly, "me too."

She nodded, sitting back up, "okay. Working for you. What exactly would I be doing? The same as before?"

She watched him return to business mode as he flattened his tie, sitting up, "yeah. Same stuff. But I thought with your experience and schooling you could also be my publicist. So, you'd be responsible for scheduling interviews, appearances. As well as what they'll be allowed to ask or talk about. You'd be in charge of all my social media. Endorsements. Keeping track of anything that may pop up about me. And you'd be in charge of my public image, including our relationship."

Charlotte sighed, "I don't think it's a good idea for me to be doing it long term. But why don't we do it on a trial basis? After the beginning of the year we'll reevaluate?"