Chapter 13

"Are you sure this is all okay? I just wanted everything to be perfect for Chris's birthday." Charlotte paced nervously in front of Lisa as they waited for Chris to arrive at the party with Scott. They rented out a small venue and hired a DJ and a caterer for Chris' party. She had enjoyed getting to know Lisa over the last couple of weeks as they planned it.

Lisa placed her hand on Charlotte's shoulder. "It's great. You've done great. He's going to have a great time. And that's what's most important. He's lucky to have you as a friend."

Charlotte looked at her and smiled. "Thank you Lisa." If only she knew she was slightly more than a friend. More than slightly. Charlotte was madly in love with her son. Charlotte felt someone touch her back, she was happy to see Sebastian looking at her as she turned around. She hadn't heard from him since she returned to Boston. She wasn't sure he would come to the party. She wrapped her arms around him, "I'm glad you're here. I've missed you Sebastian. Save me a dance later yeah?"

"Of course Charlie. I look forward to it."

She received a text from Scott saying they would be there soon. She quieted the place down and turned off the lights as she felt Sebastian's hand on hers. She groaned as she pulled her hand away as she heard him sigh. She heard the door open as she turned on the lights and everyone yelled surprise.

Chris smiled at her and made his way to his mom right next to her. He hugged his mom, "did you do this?"

Lisa pulled away and put her arm around Charlotte's shoulders, "the party was my idea, but Charlotte did everything really."

Charlotte shook her head, "not really." Before she could say anything else, Chris wrapped his arms around her, "thank you." He lowered his voice, making sure only she could hear, "I love you Charlie."

He left her standing there as her heart raced, in shock. He didn't let her respond, but she knew he had to make the rounds. She was frozen in her spot, unable to move for a minute. Her thoughts were interrupted by a caterer asking her something she didn't really hear.

Charlotte spent a lot of the party running around, making sure it was going okay, making sure everyone was having a good time. Sebastian came up to her, "dance with me."

"Sure Seb, just behave yourself." She watched him bite his lip as placed a hand on her waist.

"I'm sorry about earlier Charlie. I shouldn't have grabbed your hand."

Charlotte shook her head, "It's okay." She looked him in the eyes, making sure that he heard her and understood her, "it's just that I'm in love with Chris. Madly."

"I know. He is too. Did he tell you what he said to me when he came over after you disappeared?"

"No. He never did. Why? What did he say Sebastian?"

Sebastian smirked at her, "he told me I couldn't be with you because he was in love with you. Madly."

"He said that? That was months ago. I thought he just told you we had feelings for each other."

She could see Sebastian looked hurt, she knew he was still holding out hope for them. She wasn't sure there was any hope. She couldn't keep going back and forth, that wasn't who she was. She was startled as he didn't say anything, just let go and started to walk away as she felt someone touch her back. She knew that touch.

She smiled as Chris replaced Sebastian with her on the dance floor. He was careful to keep his distance, not to hold her too close. "You can't just say something like I love you and then walk away from a girl Chris."

Chris laughed at Charlotte, "I can't?" He pulled her a little closer, "I want to kiss you."

Charlotte looked around and saw his manger watching them, "you can't. Nick is here, and he's watching us."