1.

~

"Another day in this hell hole." Cassie rolled her eyes, as she turned off her alarm and climbed out of bed to prepare for her long day of work. She's been working as producer for a while. Cassie loved her job but hated the place of work. She didn't produce movies, but she produced artists, applications, and commercials.

Cassie stood up from her bed, standing at 5'5, and shifted from her bedroom to her bathroom which was connected. She lived in a decent sized two bedroom apartment with her best friend, Salome. They've known each other for years and once they graduated college they decided to become roommates.

Starting up her morning routine, Cassie quickly hopped into the shower and followed afterwards with brushing her teeth and washing her face. She always made sure her health care was on point.

Once she was done, Cassie shifted back into her room and lotioned up her body before getting dressed in her work attire which consisted of a maxi, skin-tight, peach halter dress. She didn't have a dress-code but she knew to look nice at work. Cassie paired the outfit some clear Stuart Weitzman heels and started on her hair.

Sitting at her vanity, she slid off her silk bonnet revealing her natural twenty inches of hair that she just got pressed. Cassie quickly touched it up before doing her makeup. Once everything was put together, she grabbed her Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Neverfull purse and threw her essentials inside.

"I'll make that shit up when I come back." She said as she looked over at her messy bed. Heading out of her room, Cassie was greeted by Salome sitting on the couch in the living room watching the Weather Channel on the News.

"It's almost ten, why are you up so early?" Cassie glanced over at her as she walked into the kitchen, opening the refrigerator.

"Couldn't even tell you." Salome chuckled as she looked over her friend's attire, "You look nice, tryna catch you a man, huh?"

"More like a check." She winked, grabbing a bottle of Voss water from the refrigerator.

Salome waved her off and picked up a magazine from the coffee table, "Ugh, I can't wait until Michael B Jordan becomes my man."

Salome worked with the Federal Emergency of Management Agency (FEMA). She always loved helping other people and communities. The majority of the time she worked from home. She enjoyed it because she never really had to leave out the comfort of her home. Salome would throw on a nice blouse, a blazer, and fix her hair to the point where it looked like she cared.

"Keep dreaming." Cassie laughed as she headed for the door, "I'll see you later."

"Bye girl!" Salome said back as the door closed and locked.

~

"Good morning, Cassie!" One of her employees, Rochelle chirped, "You look lovely today." She stood up from her desk, following Cassie towards her large glass office.

"Thank you, Rochelle." Cassie smiled. Rochelle loved everything about Cassie. From the way she dressed to the way she carried herself. She was inspired by her and wanted to become as big as Cassie one day. Rochelle knew she had to work hard to reach that level though.

"I got you some coffee. Your favorite, Venti Iced Vanilla Latte with quad shots from Starbucks." She quickly grabbed the cup of coffee from her desk and scurried back over to Cassie before handing her the drink. Cassie gave her a head nod and smiled, "We have some new clients coming in today."

"To see me?" Cassie quickly stopped in her tracks, looking at Rochelle. She didn't expect any new clients.

"No, they are here to meet with Tommy." Tommy was above Cassie, in fact that was her boss. He was a white man that has been divorced a couple of times and took pride in his company.

Tommy had a thing for Cassie when she first got hired but she shut it down quick. There was obviously a reason why he's been divorced so many times, right?

"Sounds great," Cassie gave her a tight lipped smile, "I will see you later."

"Lunch, maybe?" Rochelle blurted, "I was hoping we can go to that place by—"

"Sounds fine. I'll check my schedule." Cassie entered her office, closing the door behind her. She didn't want to continue anymore small talk. It was already too early in the morning for her.

As she set her things on her desk, Cassie started looking through documents on her Mac desktop to get the day started.

~

"Good morning, gentlemen! Right on time." Tommy looked over at the clock seeing it had just striked 11 AM. "Please sit, sit." Tommy motioned his desk chairs to his new clients that just walked in. The two men took a seat at the big, glass oval table in the room as Tommy sat at the head of the table.

"I'm pleased to meet with you both today. I've heard a lot about you, Dion." Tommy cracked a small smile as he opened his manilla folder to view Dion's paperwork.

"I'm pleased to meet with you. We tryna get my latest song onna commercial." Dion said, jumping straight to the point. He was one of the hottest artist in Los Angeles at the moment. Dion rapped but was looking for better options to help him expand. He didn't want to go back to selling weed and cocaine with his friend Rodney.

"Sounds like something I can work with." Tommy smirked, as he looked over his paperwork, "We have plenty of commercials that need songs behind them. One of your songs could be the one."

"So we talkin' business?" Rodney raised a brow as he leaned on the table. Rodney was like Dion's side kick. He didn't make music but always influenced Dion to grind harder and produce the best music possible. They've been friends for years.

"We talkin' money." Tommy nodded his head before looking over through his glass doors and walls to see Cassie strutting over to Rochelle, causing Dion and Rodney to look over as well.

"Damn, who's that?" Rodney asked, as he watched her interact with Rochelle.

"One of my best employees." Tommy licked over his front teeth as he stood up from his chair and headed towards the door. Opening it, he caught Cassie's attention and waved her in. She walked in and he shuffled back to his seat as she closed the door behind her.

"Yes, Tommy?" She looked around the room, noticing the two new clients that Rochelle informed her about.

"This is my newest client, Dion and his friend, Rodney." Tommy introduced as Rodney was still focusing on her figure.

"Hello, I'm Cassie." She flashed a fake smile, not knowing why she was called in.

"Where ya headin'?" Tommy asked out of curiosity.

"Lunch with Rochelle." Cassie flipped her hair behind her shoulders before looking over at the clock, "It was nice meeting you two."

"It was nice meeting you too." Dion spoke, with a deep voice that made her shiver a bit. Cassie ignored it and headed out of Tommy's office, closing the door behind her.

"We might have to get her to produce us." Rodney looked over at Dion and smirked.

"This is business." Dion warned, "We don't need any complications." He looked over at Cassie and watched her every movement as she was talking to Rochelle.

Dion was the quiet type that want going to say too much about what he favored but he knew Cassie was a nice lookin' thing.