11

~

"Twenty-year-old Luciano Jones, also known as Steele, was murdered two weeks ago here in Los Angeles. If you have any valuable information please contac—" Rodney picked up the remote and flipped the channel not wanting to hear anything about Steele.

"You better watch your fuckin' back nigga. Motherfucker's was fuckin' with Steele heavy and you killed that nigga." Dion shook his head as he hit his blunt.

Dion loved Rodney as a brother but he knew right from wrong. Rodney had no real reason to murder Steele and he wasn't prepared for jail.

"Ain't nobody gon' do shit." He mugged him, "I did what needed to be done. If a nigga takin' money out my pockets, Ima off him."

"Probably just needed to reup on better shit but your ass too cheap to do it." Dion mugged him back. He didn't know Steele like Rodney did but Cassie knew him. He didn't like the mood she was in.

"You actin' like you fuck with this nigga more than you fuck with me." Rodney stood up, pulling up his pants.

"I wish you would try that shit." Dion smirked and chuckled a bit, "Sit your dumbass down."

"Police open up!" There was a loud bang on the door causing Rodney to jump.

"Shit," Rodney said, almost above a whisper. "Open the door and tell them motherfuckers I ain't here!"

"Police open up! We will give you five seconds before we kick in your door!"

"This your shit, how the fuck I'm finna tell them you ain't here? They probably got a search warrant." Dion mugged him as he went over to the door. Rodney grabbed all the weed that was out and hid it in suit cases. He then went to hide while Dion opened the door to four police officers.

"We're looking for Rodney Banks. We have a search warrant." The first police officer said as he barged in along with the other three.

"Aye, you're that rapper kid from the Beats commercial?" Another police officer stepped over to him, "My son loves that fuckin' commercial, man."

"Damn, I preciate it."

"Mind if I just get a pic—"

"Officer O'Neil! Search, now!" The first officer yelled as they continued to search. O'Neil nodded his head to the orders and began searching.

"DONT MOVE!" A different officer yelled as he dragged Rodney down the stairs in handcuffs. The other three officers headed out the apartment following the two.

Dion grabbed his essentials knowing he had to go down to the station since that's his friend.

~

"Cassie, oh my god, how do you feel? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" Rochelle approached Cassie's desk as she was looking over some paperwork on her desktop.

"One question at a time, Rochelle. I feel fine." She ran her fingers through her naturally curly hair. Since Cassie was home with Salome everyday, she didn't get a chance to get her hair pressed in a while.

"We've missed you here at the office. I thought you were never coming back. I was worried shitless!" Rochelle continued to ramble, "We need to make up for lost times."

"I'm trying to get back on track today. I have a client coming in soon." She glanced over at the clock on the wall. Cassie was meeting with another rapper from Los Angeles, Riff. He wasn't as known as Dion but he was trying to make it up there.

Rochelle nodded her head and left the room, going to her cubicle. She pulled out her phone and went onto Instagram, stalking Cassie's page. She was an innocent woman, she didn't want to harm Cassie at all. But she enjoyed looking at Cassie's face from different angles and her full body photos.

Thirty minutes later, a young man approached her causing her to instantly turn her phone off.

"Aye, I'm looking for Cassie. I got a meetin' wiff ha." Rochelle nodded her head slowly, disgusted by his word structure.

"Right this way," She mumbled, as she stood up heading over to Cassie's office.

She opened the door allowing Riff to walk in, "Cassie, you're two o'clock client is here." Rochelle left out, closing the door behind her.

"Good afternoon," Cassie smiled, "I'm Cassie."

"Riff." He licked over his lips.

"Alright, I listened to some of your songs last night and they're all nice. But, they don't fit for a commercial. Too much violence in every song, profanity in every lyric, do you have any clean versions?"

"Nah, I'm ah upcomin' rappa. Aint gon' have too much thats clean, shawty." Riff looked around her office, seeing how nice it was, "I can smoke in hea?"

"No, you can not." She forced a tight lip smile, "If you're not serious about constructive criticism and change, then you can gladly leave because you're wasting both of our time."

"You need sum dick in your life, mama." Riff shook his head, "You all tight and shit, I wonder where else you tight." Cassie scrunched her face, in shock about what he said to her. She was used to the harassment but usually from older people. Riff's paperwork said he was twenty-one.

"Cassie," Rochelle opened her office door, "I have Dion downstairs waiting for you, would you like me to bring him up?"

"Dion tha mothafuckin' rappa?" Riff turned to Rochelle's attention, "Hell yeah, we could do a lil feature."

"Dion's not my client." Cassie looked over at Rochelle.

"Yes, but he's not here to work. He just came to see you."

"Bring him up." Cassie rolled her eyes, leaning back in her seat. She could use a distraction from Riff and work. Riff was just an immature kid that wanted money. Cassie thought he was clearly at the wrong place.

"Riff, I don't think there's going to be opportunity for you right now." She smiled generously. Wanting to be respectful, she embellished a bit instead of lying.

"Damn," He sighed, "Can I still see that nigga Dion? Man, maybe he can gimme some tips and shit." She nodded her head in response as Dion entered the office with a bouquet of roses.

"My apologies, I ain't know you had a client." He chuckled, looking down at Riff.

"We were just wrapping up. He actually wanted to meet you."

"Say nigga, my name Riff." Riff stood up, dapping Dion up, "I see you makin' it big, that's how I'm tryna get."

After a while of Dion and Riff chatting, Cassie stayed focus on her computer. She even started doing some online shopping from how bored she was.

But she was glad to be back at work and to see Dion in person.