9.

~

"Aye, you wild. You know I was tryna get at ole girl and you took her ass from me. Prolly been spoiling her, got her blinded by your money." Rodney sat back on his couch, hitting his blunt.

"I ain't been spoilin' a damn thing. She ain't worried about money, she got her own." Dion shrugged, "Whatever she wants she can get it though."

"Damn, you really gon' get cuffed up as a rapper? That's the dumbest shit." He shook his head, "You gon have bitches galore and you worried about one fine bitch out of a sea full of them."

"I ain't worried bout these other bitches no more. I told you I cut Stella dumbass off along with the rest of them."

"You really like ole girl?" Rodney raised a brow, "She must've gave your ass some pussy and now you pussy whipped."

"Aint no such thing, I don't get pussy whipped." He laughed as Rodney passed him the blunt, "But I do really like her. Her vibe is just sum you can't miss."

"Shit, if I would've got her first I'd probably know exactly what you talm bout!" Rodney let out a puff of air.

"You wouldn't even know what to do with a sophisticated woman like her. You'd fuck that shit up in two seconds."

"That ain't true. See, I'd take her out on a date and then hit her from the back. That's all I need. Then she be on my dick tryna see me everyday." He laughed at his own joke, "If you make it official with this bitch, you know TMZ gon be all over it."

"Give a fuck bout TMZ." Dion scrunched his face up, "They ain't putting money in my pockets so if they wanna post a few lil pictures and talk shit they can gon head."

"Damn, nigga she really got your ass thinkin' like that. I say you fuck these bitches on your upcoming tour and then come back to be boo'd up." Rodney shrugged as Dion hit the blunt.

"That ain't right and you foul as hell for thinkin' like that." He shook his head, passing him the blunt.

"All I'm sayin' is, more opportunities for you. You might meet a different bitch on tour that you like more than Ms. CEO." Dion didn't like the disrespect Rodney was giving Cassie. Although he has a lifetime ahead of him to meet different girls, he actually liked Cassie. Unlike other girls who he'd just fuck and leave.

"You ain't gotta keep disrespectin' her." Dion mugged him, "You don't know her."

"Shit, I wish I could've got to know her." He snickered a bit, "But lemme tell you about this lick before you pulled up."

~

"No fuckin' way!" Salome yelled as Cassie was getting ready to go into the office. It was Monday morning, five minutes till ten and she was running late.

"What's going on?" Cassie walked out of her bedroom, into the common area putting in one of her gold hoops in her left ear.

"My brother was shot and killed last night by some nigga." Salome tried to hold back her tears, "I know my mother prolly devastated." Salome was twenty-three and had a younger brother, Luciano who just turned twenty. They were very close with each other and at one point, he even tried to get with Cassie.

"Oh my god, how'd you find out?" She took a seat next to her on the couch.

"No it's okay, I know you have to go to work." Salome sighed. She knew how important her job was to Cassie. She didn't want her to lose her job because of her brother still wrapped in gang violence and receiving the consequences.

He was heavy in the streets, every one knew him as Steele. He figured the name Luciano wasn't a good name to go by.

"I'll call out, Salome. This is way more important. We need to go see your mom." She stood up, going to grab her phone from her room to call Tommy. He quickly answered and she explained everything that was going on. He let her have as much time as she needed.

"It's settled." She walked back out to the couch, "Get dressed, I'll drive us over there."

~

"That was my damn baby!" Salome's mother, Celeste cried, "Some fuckers just had to go out and kill my damn son."

"Ma, you know he was heavy in these streets just like Daddy. It ain't your fault." Salome tried to comfort her.

"And what happened to his Daddy? He was gunned down! I can't keep taking these heart-breaks, Salome. I just lost another important man in my life." She wiped her eyes, "I'm over here embarrassing myself in front of your company."

"Ms. Celeste, grieving is okay. You're not embarrassing yourself." Cassie rubbed her hand, "We need to find out who did this."

"Probably some low-life ass boy! 'Cause he damn sure ain't no man!" She yelled, feeling her blood pressure rise. Salome sat back, trying to hold back her tears. She knew her brother wouldn't want her crying over him. She needed to stay strong for her family, especially her mother.

"Cassie, you're not going into work today?" Celeste stood up, going over to the sink to sprinkle some water on her face.

"No ma'am, I took the day off to spend it with you guys. I know how hard it can be to lose a loved one..." Cassie lost her father at the age of sixteen. Her and Camilla had a different father than Chanel.

"Awe, baby..." Celeste dried her hands, walking over to Cassie to give her a hug. Celeste and Rosa were good friends for awhile, ever since Cassie and Salome became best friends. She knew Cassie's father, Jerome, who was a good man. Sadly, he died from a heart-attack.

"Enough of this moping ass shit. I'm going to find out who killed Steele and kill them my damn self!" Salome stood up, anger lacing her voice.

"Salome! You ain't doing a damn thing and watch your mouth in this house, girl! You done lost your damn mind and you need to find it before I find it for ya!" Celeste gritted through her teeth, "Cassie, don't let her get into no shit. She's hard headed, stubborn, and needs to cut that shit out. I ain't losing another child!"

Cassie nodded her head, looking over at Salome who held a mug to her face. She already knew Salome had tricks up her sleeve.