2.

~

It was around eight in the evening and Cassie had just finished up all her assignments for the day, "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow Tommy." Cassie smiled as she locked up her office and waved at him. They were always the las two in the building.

"Oh! Cassie! Before you go, I want you to get in contact with my new client, Dion." Tommy approached her with a business card, "I just want you to get to know him tomorrow since I'll be out of the office for the day. I would like paperwork emailed to me or on my desk by Wednesday morning."

"Get to know him how?" She rose a brow as he handed her the business card. Cassie quickly looked over it before putting her attention back on him.

Tommy's put her in situations like this before and she never liked them. Cassie always ended up having clients flirt with her and she wouldn't be pleased.

"Anything that makes your mind tingle, will make mine tingle as well." He winked, "I gotta run, I have a date." Although Tommy was older, standing at fifty-seven, he still tried to get out in the dating world. His ex wives were all "pieces of shit" as he calls them. He wanted a real woman—like Cassie.

"Alright, I'll see you Wednesday." She flashed him a fake smile and headed out of the building to her vehicle in the garage.

~

"Cassie, my beautiful baby!" Her mother, Rosa spoke as Cassie entered the house. Cassie was the youngest out of her siblings. She was twenty-two, her other sister Camilla was twenty-five, and the oldest sister Chanel was twenty-eight.

"Hi mommy." She smiled. "It smells so good in here." Cassie took in the scenery before closing the door behind her.

"Yes, I was just finishing up dinner. Camilla's in her room and Chanel should be here soon." Rosa headed towards the kitchen as Cassie sat her purse on the couch. Rosa was an older Costa Rican individual. She moved from Costa Rica to Los Angeles because she didn't want to raise her family there.

"Is that my baby sister I hear?" Camilla crept down the stairs, seeing Cassie—her favorite sibling.

"Yes, it's me." She flashed her a genuine smile and headed over for a hug. Cassie had a decent relationship with both of her sisters. She tried her best to get along with Chanel but it would never work. Chanel would give her a tough time due to Cassie's job but Cassie tried her best to brush it off.

Camilla still lived with Rosa because she was having a hard time finding a stable career. Rosa didn't mind but Chanel hated it. Chanel had an opinion about everything and it often made both of the girls very irritated by her presence.

~

"Glad to have all of my beautiful daughters with me tonight." Rosa placed all three plates in front of her daughters and then sat down with hers.

"Of course Camilla was going to be here, she lives here." Chanel smirked as she stuck a fork in her food.

"Don't start." Camilla warned as she sipped her wine.

"Hey! We're not doing none of that arguing tonight!" Rosa glared at both of them before switching the topic, "Cassie, how's everything at work?"

"Everything's going well. Tommy's getting older and closer to retiring so I hope to take his spot soon and run things my way." She smiled before putting a spoon full of rice in her mouth.

"Sounds like you're bragging." Chanel rolled her eyes, "Any new clients?"

"I'll be working with Dion tomorrow."

"Dion the rapper?" Camilla looked over at her sister, "Oh my god, his new song just released and I've been listening to it nonstop."

"Dion, huh? That's a big one." Chanel looked over, trying to hide the jealousy on her face. Chanel worked as a dental assistant. She never worked her way up because she thought school was too boring.

She knew her mother was proud of Cassie the most. Cassie was making more than six figures, while Chanel only made sixty-five thousand a year.

"Please get an autograph for me!" Camilla begged, "You know how much I love him."

"Camilla, you know your sister is a business woman. Stop that childish mess." Rosa mugged her as she sipped her wine.

"I'll see what I can do, Camilla." Cassie smiled.

~

"Honey, I'm home!" Cassie walked in the apartment, closing and locking the door behind her. She quickly slid out of her heels and walked over to the couch where Salome was sitting.

"Girl, it's almost midnight. Where have you been?" Salome gave her a stern look, "You fuckin' someone and aint tell me?"

"No, I was at my moms dealing with Chanel's bullshit." Cassie rolled her eyes, taking a seat on the couch, "As much as I try to be nice to that girl, she does not let up."

"She's jealous." Salome shrugged, "Anybody could see that. You're her little sister making more money than her and doing better than her."

"I'm already slammed at work. I don't need my own sister being jealous of me." She rolled her eyes, standing up, "I'm about to go shower and go to sleep to start it all over again."

Salome chuckled, "Have you heard that new song by Dion?"

"Ugh, it's been about that damn boy all day." She rolled her eyes, "I'm supposed to meet with him tomorrow. I was introduced to him today."

"You're going to work with him?!" Salome jumped up with wide eyes. Everyone in Los Angeles loved Dion—except Cassie. She was unaware of his music.

"No, Tommy is working with him. I'm just filling in for tomorrow." She rolled her eyes, "I need to listen to that song anyways so I can get the scoop on him."

"Is he as fine as he is in his music videos?"

"Girl, I was not paying attention to that! My mind was on lunch." She chuckled, "What you doin' tonight?"

"Going out with Shawna, Frankie, and them. Did you wanna come?" Salome cheesed, hoping Cassie would agree.

"Absolutely not. You know I don't like that girl Shawna. I know she steals and I aint with it." She respectfully denied, heading to her room.

"Ugh, I just pray one day my best friend will go to the club with me." Salome yelled out, loud enough for Cassie to hear as she entered her room.
She ignored her friend, chuckling and headed to her vanity to take off her make-up and wrap up her hair.

Once she was done, she undressed herself and headed to the bathroom to wash up.

"I'm leaving!" Salome yelled from outside the door twenty minutes into Cassie's shower.

"Alright, be safe. Take your damn key 'cause I ain't waking up!" Cassie yelled back as she let the water run over her body.

"Ugh, I feel more loved when you let me in." She joked before heading out.