14

~

Three months had passed and Chanel was battling hardcore depression. She pushed Hakeem away and is debating if she should abort her baby or not. She saw on TMZ and TheShadeRoom how close Dion and Cassie were. They were constantly on dates, buying each other items, and had pictures plastered all over of them kissing.

Chanel envied all of it. While her sister was in a well committed relationship, she was pregnant with her sister's ex-boyfriend's baby. She never understood why Cassie always received the upper hand.

From being depressed everyday, she was put on temporary leave without pay at her job. This made her even more worried because she needed to pay rent and care for her unborn child. She talked about Camilla a lot but didn't want to end up anything like her.

"Mommy!" Chanel whined out as she walked into her mother's house, closing the door behind her. She briefly looked around and saw Camilla coming out of the kitchen with a bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos.

"Tuh, she ain't here." Camilla scoffed, as she opened her bag of chips. They've rarely talked since Camilla punched her. "What's going on with your belly?" She raised a brow, looking at Chanel's pudgy belly.

"Mind your fucking business."

"You probably don't even know the damn papi of that baby." She laughed, as she headed towards the stairs.

"Camilla, I'd appreciate it if you'd shut the fuck up. Literally. I'm looking for mom." Chanel rolled her eyes, crossing her arms, "Where the hell is she?"

"Call her, the fuck." She walked upstairs going into her room and slamming her door.

Chanel stood at the bottom of the steps, pouting, feeling her face getting hot.

~

"Cassie, I can't believe this is the first time Dion has introduced me. You're such a pretty lady!" Dion's mother, Nashae smiled. Dion was a spitting image of both his father and Nashae. Nashae stood at 5'9 with small breast and a curvy figure. She was always known as thick. Nashae was the perfect shade darkskin with dimples that peaked through her cheeks every time she smiled.

"Dion was trying to hide me from you. It's lovely to meet you as well, thank you." Cassie smiled as she sat at the kitchen table.

"Dion been tellin' me so much about you, girl. You look even better in person. I wish I had that figure when I was your age!" She chuckled.

"Ma, stop playin." Dion mugged her as he sat at the table. Dion was Nashae's only child. She grew up in the hood, had a child young, and loved her son to the fullest. Nashae and Dion's father, Quincey were still together until he got locked up.

"Thank you, Mrs. Anthony." Cassie smiled.

"Girl I ain't old! Just call me Nashae!" She laughed, "Where are you from?"

"I was born in Costa Rica but raised here in Los Angeles."

"Ooh, so you can speak Spanish, girl?"

"Ma, you askin' her all these questions. Let her breathe." Dion chuckled.

"Boy, I'm just trying to get to know her! Shut up and make yourself useful! Get us something to drink." Nashae waved him off before turning her full attention back on Cassie. She nodded her head in response as Dion went to the mini bar to get a bottle of Pink Moscato.

"Girl you gotta teach me! I needa be bilingual. I'm tryna catch me a Spanish man." Nashae popped her tongue as she danced in her seat a little.

Dion grabbed two wine glasses from the cabinet and poured the liquor in each. He handed the glasses to Cassie and his mother.

"I can teach you. I was trying to teach Dion a couple months back but he couldn't get with it at all." Cassie laughed before picking up her glass and sipping her drink, "Thank you, Dion."

"All I know is hola and adios." He said poorly.

"Those the basics Dion, you should've learned that shit in school!" Nashae mugged him as she ran her fingers through her 16 inch weave, "But Cassie, baby you look like you got some nigga in you."

"Ghetto as hell." Dion chuckled as he grabbed a water from the refrigerator.

"My Daddy black." She nodded her head.

"Costa Rican and Black, good mix." Nashae winked at Cassie, "Lemme get a picture of y'all two for my Instagram!"

"Ma, you seen all them photos on TMZ and shit. You gon add to that shit."

"I don't care! You my god damn son and if I wanted a picture, Ima get a picture. I ain't worried about the feds or paparazzi." She pulled out her iPhone, waving her hand at Cassie to stand next to Dion. Cassie set her drink down and got up. She stood next to Dion and smiled for the picture.

"Act like y'all love each other, damn. The pictures on TheShadeRoom be way better than what y'all tryna give me!"

Dion hugged up on Cassie as Nashae snapped multiple shots from different angles.

"My babies look so cute!" She cooed as they switched poses.

~

"When am I going to get some nietos?" Rosa complained as Cassie drove towards the grocery store. Rosa was often upset that none of her daughters settled down. She's always wanted a lot of grand kids. Of course she'd expect Chanel to give her some first since she was the oldest but after seeing years fly by, Rosa started putting all of her trust into Cassie for some grand babies.

"I'm still young, mommy." Cassie pouted, "Why not ask Chanel?"

"Chanel ain't shit!" Rosa huffed as she looked out the window, "You or Camilla need to give me some grand babies."

"Soon. I just got into a relationship with Dion, Im trying to see how stuff plays out." Cassie sighed as she made a sharp right turn.

"Slow down," Rosa glared at her daughter as she clutched onto her purse, "Dion is nice, I like him. You just like your mami. You love the black men." She laughed at her own joke.

"Sure do." Cassie pulled into the grocery store parking lot and parked her vehicle.