6.

~

It was lunch time and, Dion and Cassie were sitting outside a restaurant called Craft Los Angeles, enjoying their meals and getting to know each other more. Knowing Cassie was meeting with Dion for lunch, she made sure her outfit was very well-put. She wore a black, deep V cut, short sleeve bodysuit which was tucked into a green pencil skirt paired with Laurent Sihana Mesh Stiletto heels. Cassie paired the outfit perfectly with jewelry and an all black Dior tote bag.

"So you got two sisters?" Dion raised a brow as he continued to eat his food while sparking conversation.

"Yeah, they're both older than me. You already met Camilla and I have another sister named, Chanel."

"How's Chanel?" He looked up at her.

"Not my favorite," Cassie sighed before picking up her glass of water and taking a sip, "I have much love for her but she's just jealous of everything I do."

"I can see that," Dion nodded, "You're talented and have a great career at twenty two. It's impressive what you can do for yourself."

"It's not that great. I've had some of the worst clients." She rolled her eyes before setting her glass down, "And Rochelle is completely obsessed with me."

"I thought that was her vibe." Dion chuckled.

"Don't get me wrong, she's a sweetheart but she's a little obsessed. I love her though, she'd probably be glad to hear that coming from me." She laughed, "But tell me more about you. I've heard some things..."

Cassie was referring to his former drug business. Knowing he was heavy in the streets was her job. Tommy didn't care about that but she always did extra research on clients. Not only for the company's safety, but for her safety as well.

"I was in jail for a minute for carrying a large amount of product." He spoke, honestly, "Put my music career on pause."

"Why sell drugs if you want to pursue your dreams of becoming a top artist?"

"It's just something I've been doing since I was 'bout sixteen." Dion shrugged, "I just became bigger and built my own empire."

"Empire, huh?" She smiled a bit. Although she was serious about her career, something about a man being active and known made her tingle on the inside.

It's what made her become attracted to Hakeem.

~

They had some time left before Cassie had to go back to the office so they walked around together for awhile to continue talking and enjoying the scenery. Dion was becoming more attracted with her after every word she spoke. He was glad he was able to take her out for lunch and get to know her more.

"I should've worked with you." Dion looked over her figure as she strutted beside him.

"No, because then we wouldn't be friends. I don't befriend my clients." It was true, Cassie didn't enjoy mixing her outside situations with work situations. She wanted them to have a good split in between which allowed her to focus.

"Oh, so this is what you're doing? Fucking around with this, puta?" Stella approached the two with a man beside her as she glared at Cassie, "Tre, go into one of them stores and get me some water." The man known as Tre, did as told, walking off into one of the nearest stores so she could have her moment with Cassie and Dion.

"Tuh," Cassie rolled her eyes, looking at the girl. She was trashy and knew it was no need to argue with her.

"Stella, wasn't you just walkin' round with a nigga?" Dion raised a brow, as he hoped this wouldn't end stuff between him and Cassie. He knew he needed to get his hoes under control, especially if they step to him in public.

"¿Por qué estás follando con mi hombre? Huh?" (Why are you fucking around with my man?) Stella glared at Cassie, "Esta perra probablemente ni siquiera puede hablar Español!" (This bitch probably can't speak spanish!)

"Cállate." Cassie rolled her eyes at the girl.

"Awe, congratulations!" Stella rolled her eyes, "You keep fucking playing with me, papi." She walked off seeing Tre walking out of the store with her bottle of water.

"I apologi—"

"It's fine, as long as that bitch doesn't touch me." Cassie didn't want to hear any apologies from him. She knew he was going to have hoes and it wasn't her problem because he wasn't her man. Like she said, they were only friends.

"Let's head back to the office." She suggested, as she headed to his ride and he followed.

~

Cassie had just finished her shift for the day and was packing up her items when Rochelle entered her office.

"Hey Rochelle, it's a little late." She rose a brow as she glanced at herself in her desk mirror. Rochelle usually left around five or six.

"Yeah, I had to finish up some stuff. Did you wanna go out for drinks? It's happy hour!" Rochelle smiled, as she clutched her bag, "It's a great time to spend quality time outside of work."

"I was actually going to head over to my mother's house," Cassie sighed, "We can do happy hour another time."

"Oh okay, I'll just make my way home to my husband." She said, plainly. Rochelle was thirty-two and was married to a lazy man named Jerold. She was always the one working while he stayed on the couch, drinking every Corona and Bud light in the refrigerator.

"Awe, I can't wait to get married." Cassie smiled, feeling happy for Rochelle.

"No, I would kill to be your age again. Young with a hot body. You probably get guys all of the time." Rochelle pouted, missing her twenties.

"Not as easy as you think..." She let out a breath of air before heading out of her office and locking it up behind her. Her and Rochelle headed downstairs to the garage together.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow at work! Hopefully we can catch happy hour tomorrow night!" Rochelle called out as she was hopping into her 2019 Gray Nissan Altima.

"Hopefully," Cassie mumbled as she hopped in her 2021 Caviar Lexus RC F Sport. Wasting no time, she started up the car and sped off towards her apartment, noticing movement in the back ten minutes into the ride.

"Cassie, baby it's me—" She quickly grabbed a knife out of her glove compartment while trying to maintain focus on the road. "Cassie! It's Hakeem!" Cassie pulled over once she heard his voice turning to the back seat with rage expressed all over her face.

"Hakeem, what the fuck are you doing in the back of my car?!" She glared at him, as he was dressed in a black ski mask and black hoodie.

"Waiting for you, baby." Hakeem pouted as he tried to kiss her face but she dodged away.

"I'm holding a fucking knife! Get the fuck out of my god damn car!" She yelled.

He quickly shuffled himself out of the car, falling out of the seat onto the concrete road. Cassie leaned back, slamming her door shut and pulling back off once she was situated.