Chapter 15: The Bomber

We were still in between the gates that separated Elaine and the four of us. The lights flickered and the guards grew impatient. I would too because we've been standing here doing nothing, but staring. I couldn't imagine Elaine having a daughter. I really was hoping for Grant to match up with her. I wonder how he felt about this. I looked at him and noticed he was smiling. Could it be that Elaine's husband was late or they weren't together? It made sense with the way Grant was acting.
"Come on, we don't have all day." One of the guards nudged us with his gun. If he did anything, it was that he got us talking again.
"Oh right." Grant pulled out the form. "Let's get you out of here. That is why we came here." Grant chuckled. Elaine just stared at him and Grant noticed it wasn't funny and stopped laughing.
"Let's." Elaine agreed. "This place has been nothing, but a waste of my time." The guard opened the gate. All the other criminals that were held for their crimes, didn't look as jealous as I thought they'd be. They have been here much longer than Elaine. I would think they would get angry or cause a ruckus. Elaine walked from underneath the gate. Kaitlin gave her a proper hug and so did everyone else. I felt a little left out, but nothing I haven't felt before.
"So, Elaine." Ethan started. "There's something on your mind, is there not?" He asked. Elaine held the note in her hand. They took her cuffs off. She handed it to Grant. He unraveled it and checked the hand writing. It was in a nicely written cursive structure. Like the news said, it stated, 'Let's play again.' What intrigued me more than the anonymous note, was the word 'again.'
"So you know this guy?" I asked. Elaine shook her head.
"It seems we've met, but no one comes to mind." Elaine answered.
"Elaine has got into trouble with many people in her time, you think she can pick out the hand-writing of one of the bunch?" Grant laughed. Like before, he stopped surely.
"Let's go, get out of here!" The guards were starting to get 'antsy' in their 'pants-y.' Their usually not this interested in visitors. I looked around once more. I think I knew why these guys were not as upset as they should have been. I read the signs around me. One of which read danger.
"I'll back guys." I told them.
"Where do you think you're going?" Elaine pulled my arm.
"Look around you," I whispered. "A little suspicious if you ask me. I think your friend has something more than a game planned. Be cautious you four." I warned. Elaine smirked. She seemed impressed. She let go of my arm and I went where it read 'DANGER.'
"Hey!" One of the guards called out to me. Elaine and Grant held them off by saying I had to go to the bathroom. I had to do this quick.

I ran down the gates. I was getting to where no one was. I had better be right or I'll have done this for no reason. I was getting closer to the control room. There was a huge steel door and had a sign that read, 'UNAUTHORIZED ENTERING WILL BE PUT TO PERSECUTION.' It sounded a little scary. I tried the knob. It was obvious, but it was worth a try anyway, even though I knew it would be closed. It was guarded by a key code. There were 4 digits. There were over a hundred different codes. I looked for something heavy and strong. Like any old prison, there were hanging lights. They were never made for holding a wall together. They just hung there. I was able to reach it and break off the loose metal bar attached to it. I slammed it on the knob a couple times. It took a while, but the door loosened. I slipped a card I picked up at school. I nudged it between the door. It unlocked. I slowly opened the door, making sure the sirens don't go off. But the odds of that happening were very high in this case. The red lights flashed and the sirens were loud. I had a feeling the guards would be coming. I quickly shut the door behind me and went to the panels of the control room. There were many buttons. I was looking for an emergency button that would shut all the jail gates closed. Elaine's friend was planning on letting all the jail hostages go and wreak havoc. I started hitting every red button, until one of them actually worked. The camera fixated on Elaine's position with the others depicted the scene. They were escaping. I was too late. Most of the criminals weren't able to escape, but some got away. I also noticed that I had hit the emergency lock down button. The exits were all closed off. Elaine and the others were brought to their knees by the guards. The guards were scared and tried to get as many of them in their control.
"Damn it. You guys have to break free. Those stupid guards, they don't understand that the criminals didn't need guns to protect themselves." I spoke to the screen. I was about to run out the door, but I heard voices.
"Shoot." I couldn't hide. I looked for an escape. I decided to barge out the door. They would be frightened and with the outbreak, believe that I was a criminal. Like I thought, they were shocked and were too frigidity to fire. I ran down the gate before they started firing. I was safe, but I couldn't say the same for the others.