Chapter 19: A Martyr

I was getting a feeling that Elaine wasn't just saying that we might die. She really meant it. I thought about leaving, but remembered my reasons, reasons for things I do. Kaitlin just started picking at things.
"Ooh," She examined a gadget. "'Killing Gas, Danger Can Kill.'" She read aloud. "This sounds useful." I laughed. "Hmm, let's see. Do you think there'll be windows?" She was asking because the pressurized gun works best for an escape and shocking your enemy as you make that escape.
"Remember, Jeff can move through grounds and walls." Elaine reminded us. So gasses, fumes and bullets will be useless unless we can destroy the entire Earth."
"I can do that." Kaitlin took the guns.
"Kaitlin." Elaine warned and Kaitlin put them back. "Take some, but take bombs because we can limit his movement like that. Also, take plasma explosives. They can shock everyone in its radius and should be used in times when you know you won't be making it out and as a last resort." Hearing all this reminds me when Grant and I were in his office in my dream. As we ran from Jeff, the floors were being torn apart and Grant used a hook that can be fired and caught to something.
"How about these?" I recommended.
"Hook N Rope? Sounds alright." Kaitlin sighed.
"It's for making escapes from lower ground. If I know anything about Jeff, it's that he can also tear the ground. These will come in handy."
"Alright." Something caught Kaitlin's attention. "Grant is so smart. Look" She pointed at these weird looking guns. They looked like shotguns. "They are bomb bullets. When fired, releases three explosions, a gas explosion, a shrapnel blast and then an explosion so powerful and immense. These will definitely come in handy." She gave one to each of us. We took the bullet proof vests that actually covered the entire body with light weight material. It was just like wearing black jeans and a shirt. We swung our guns and loaded our ammunition.
"All this, for Jeff?" I asked.
"No, all this for Grant." Kaitlin corrected me. She was right. This was for Grant. "Now, let's get there before they start laying hands on him. "
"Let's hope Talia didn't drive for his rescue." Ethan laughed. "She could probably get their faster if she could run again."
"Again?" I was confused.
"Oh, you don't know?" Ethan looked at me. "Talia was an experiment. She was designed as the killing machine that could also be mistaken as a Cadillac. If you ask me, it was pretty smart." I never would've thought that Talia was an experiment. Just how many are out there?

We got to the black Cadillac. When we got inside, I noticed the lighting was a little red. It seems Talia was angry.
"Come on Talia." Elaine took the steer. "We need to save Grant." Elaine turned the ignition on and pulled the gear shift to drive. She slammed her foot on the accelerator and the back wheels screeched, letting out steam. The car started to accelerate very quickly. I was thrown back a bit. When we made our way out of the drive way, we drifted onto the street.
"At this rate, we'll make such a big commotion that they'll know we're coming." I told her.
"He already knows we're coming." Elaine replied. She caressed the clutch and gas pedal so that our driving was much smoother. We increased in speed and the cars near by had to quickly get out of the way. Ethan put the black crystal inside Talia's holder and the coordinates were uploaded.
"That's all the way on the other side of town!" He exclaimed.
"Well then." Elaine drifted onto the main road and dodged nearby cars. "Let's not waste anytime." She pressed a button on her steering wheel. Suddenly the car zoomed and I knew she had pressed the Nitrogen release button. It was incredible how she managed to evade all the vehicles that came in our way. It takes an expert to be that good. I just hope we can get there in time.

After twenty minutes, we were finally getting somewhere. But as time progressed, Elaine started to get impatient and crossed red lights. I heard sirens.
"Elaine, the cops." I told her. She looked at her rear view mirror.
"Shit." She drifted into a road. "We can't have them follow us." She drove even faster, but as she came out of the road and back to the main road,mehe was greeted with more cops. Now, they was a tail of cops chasing us. Elaine swirled around cars just barely after a cop's car came near and crashed them. She was causing a major traffic on the road. This wasn't good because then we'd have to start running. That's just it. I had a plan.
"Guys," I explained the plan to them.
"That's pretty smart Ian." Kaitlin admired. "A bit risky on Grant's side, but let's hope we all have the stamina." Elaine turned to the nearest road. Before the cops turned to come to our way, we all jumped out the car and rolled into the trees and hid. The car continued to drive and the cops followed it. Talia was an automated car and she could drive herself, so the cops believed we were still in there. When they left, we got out from hiding.
"Well then, we have to start walking." Elaine told us. "Let's go." The cops would only be fooled for so long before the notice what really happened.