chapter 6: 'I'm fine'

Katsuki spots Deku turning the corner as he stands outside his house. Noticing Katsuki the nerd immediately runs over to him pulling him into a hug as they both crash to the ground. They stay like that for a while, Katsuki silently stroking his hair as Deku slightly trembles in his grip.

Katsuki found it weird how Izuku was acting more worried about the whole incident than he was but Katsuki has always been good at hiding the fear. It would be hard to even touch Izuku right now if it wasn't for the fact he 100% trusted him and knew he would do nothing to hurt him.

Allowing the nerd to calm down a little he slowly grabs the greenete's hand then stands up pulling the other up with him. In silence they walk into the house together still as close together as they could physically be as they go up the stairs to Katsuki's room. He opens the door carefully as they both enter the room, curling back into their previous position this time on the bed. Like before they sit in silence, Katsuki stroking Deku's hair as he sits there, shaking now stopped.

Katsuki isn't sure how long they sat like that but it felt like only a second had passed and all too soon the nerd was breaking the silence.

"Are you okay?" Is the first thing he asks.

Katsuki snorts, "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"No I mean about the villian attack." The nerd raises his head previously buried in Katsuki chest to look up at him. He was doing that thing where he glares at you to bring out your true feelings or some shit like that, it was fucking creepy, but it usually worked.

Katsuki looked away avoiding Deku's gaze. He had been hoping to be able to keep this talk till atleast tomorrow after school but nothing has been going as planned on this mess of a day. He didn't want to worry Deku anymore than he needed to but the nerd was an analytical bastard and could always see right through him, that's why he needed a little more time to get over it before he could possibly talk to Deku and convince him he was fine.

"Didn't you just hear me, I said I'm fine." Deku glares harder and Katsuki just sighs and rolls his eyes. "How about you, are you okay?"

Deku stops glaring then buries his head back into Katsuki chest. He stays like that for a while and doesn't say anything.

"I was scared." He finally says as he tries to hold in his tears causing Katsuki's hand to stop where it lay on Deku's head.

"You were scared?" He repeats and Deku just nods. "But all the articles said I was fine didn't they."

Deku's head shots up from Katsuki's chest, this time the look on his face a genuine glare. "Just because the articles say your fine doesn't mean you are."

A little taken a back Katsuki just stares at the nerd, mouth slightly hanging open. Deku rarely ever snapped at him so when he does it always unexpected. Seeing his reaction Deku hides his face once more.

"Kacchan please tell me the truth, are you really fine." His voice is mumbled by the position he's in but his words are still audible.

"Yes I'm really fine, it was nothing serious and I'm safe now so stop worrying."

"If you want me stop worrying then stop lying." He shoots back raising his head once more.

"How am I lying?" Katsuki is visibly confused as the nerd starts listing reasons.

"First of all you refused to meet my gaze not that long ago-"

"Cause you were doing that weird glaring thing." Katsuki snaps but is ignored making him growl.

"Secondly, when we were talking on the phone you were using the same voice you always use when your trying to hide something."

"Hah, how can you even tell that over the phone, and what do you mean when I'm trying to hide something I don't use a different voice when trying to hide something."