Chapter 23: USJ attack

Finding a way to slip into the USJ from a window Izuku hurries to find a hiding place. Seeing a few teachers as he goes he has to take a few detours to make sure he is completely out of sight before he settles for just hiding in some trees surrounding the plaza. They were high up and there was a lot meaning he was easily covered. Although he hates to say it but his hair camouflages really well in them.

Legs dangling from the tree Izuku looks around to find Aizawa. Thankfully he was high up enough to see quite a lot of the plaza and ruin area. He knew Aizawa was to be placed in the ruin area along with cementoss so he could make the most of his ability to sneak up on people. If he squinted, Izuku could just barely see Mic stationed by the entrance. In the Plaza is All Might in his buff form stretching for the events to come. He's alone which makes sense, if he's forced to go all out all the other teachers would just be a burden to him. There was also the fact that a lot of the teachers were still at the school so it didn't cause a panic and as an extra precaution incase the villians attacked the students.

Everything was set up so all that was left to do was wait. Waiting for what seemed like hours the cramp that develop in Izuku's leg just grew more painful by the second, but he no longer has the time to worry about a leg cramp as a purple mist appears in the center of the plaza. All Might seeing this clicks a button sending a signal to all the teachers to get in position. Villians spewed out of the mist left and right, every time Izuku thought it was over more and more just came out.

By the time the warpgate closed over 50 villians were huddling in the middle of the plaza and Izuku could clearly see about the same amount spread across the other zones, or maybe even more. Izuku isn't sure how many villians were here but one thing he was sure about was that the amount of teachers present was definitely not enough. He had a brief thought of going down to help but quickly shoved it away. Nothing has happened yet, everything can still go smoothly he tells himself but he finds himself doubting those words when he hears a familiar sinister voice coming from behind the villians.

"All Might! Your here, it's almost like you knew we were coming." He says a smile on his face before it suddenly drops to a snarl. "You knew we were coming didn't you. Where are the children? Who told you!" Shigiraki's voice increasingly grows in volume till he's shouting at the top of his lungs and scratching his neck furiously.

"Kurogiri!" He snaps. "Why do they know, this wasn't the plan this wasn't what was supposed to happen!" His itching grows in ferocity till blood can be seen clinging to his fingernails. Izuku winces as he decides to turn his attention to Kurogiri now materialising next to the agitated man.

"Calm down Tomura Shigiraki. It is true that they shouldn't know but it's just the beginning. It seems we beat them significantly in numbers, there's only eight teachers at best."

Hearing this Shigiraki slowly calms down. He removes his hands from his neck and a smile creeps back on his face. "You hear that All Might!" He shouts. "We significantly outnumber you."

The unexpected voice of All Might cause Izuku to flinch. "You may outnumber us but we have a home advantage. We'll take you villians down without a hitch." Just barely Izuku can see All Might continuesly pressing a button. Due to his slightly wavering smile however, Izuku can tell that whatever the button is meant to do it's certainly not doing it.

Seeming to misunderstand the hero's faltering smile, the villians vile smirk only increasingly grows as he signals something to the mist guy causing him to disappear with the wind just as he had come. A yell comes from the entrance which Izuku can easily tell was from Mic and there he sees Kurogiri blocking the entrance. The two start to fight but Izuku's sight is soon brought back to the number 1 hero rushing forward and taking out all the small time villians. Shigiraki just stands there, smile still etched onto his face as All Might slowly but gradually defeats the villians with ease.