Chapter 24: Aftermath

Rushing to the hospital Izuku forgets about the real reason he had come to UA, but talking to Principal Nezu didn't seem like a priority at the moment. He had to wait for the police and ambulances to leave so he wouldn't be spotted on campus. Like expected they stayed for quite a while and every second got Izuku jittering. Anything could have happened in that time he was waiting, Aizawa could be in critical condition or he could maybe even be-

Izuku doesn't finish that last thought. Aizawa had promised he wouldn't die so Izuku will trust him. He upheld his part of the promise so he hopes and wishes Aizawa will as well, he wouldn't be able to bear the feeling of losing someone he loves again.

Having texted Toshi earlier for Mic's number, Izuku calls him as he sits on the bus, restless and shaking. The phone rings and after every one it makes Izuku even more nervous, his emotions overflow as the phone seems to ring endlessly. Eventually he hears a click and soon enough he's hearing Mic's voice.

"Hello." Is all Mic says, usually Izuku can tell how someone is feeling, even through the phone but it's obvious Mic can hide his emotions well.

"It's Deku." Izuku says and Mic sucks in a breath.

"He was rushed off to the ER and I am yet to know his condition."

Izuku starts to shake more, annoyed glances are sent his way by the other people on the bus but he ignores them, only focusing on Mic's words and how far away he still is from the hospital.

"Have you told Toshi what happened?"

"Not yet, I'll tell him once I'm told what condition he's in." Izuku nods even though he knows Mic can't see him. He doesn't care, he's restless and needs to move.

"I'm on my way to the hospital now but I don't know how long it'll take."

"That's fine, hopefully by the time your here I'll have more information. I'll be expecting you alright." And just like that they exchange their farewells and are bothing hanging up the phone.

Izuku continues to shake, more so now since he's got no one to talk to to distract him. Being in this bus with no one he knows is the same as being alone with his feelings and those are way to chaotic for him to want to face. How much worse would these feelings be if everyone he loves left him. He hadn't felt this bad since the day he became Karma, he'd known her for about a day yet that Akira Taiyo had made him go through so much. What if next time it was Toshi, or even Kacchan. Izuku hated thinking about this but he couldn't stop, the more time he spent alone the more his thoughts would race.

He clutches his heart and looks down, trying his best not to let his tears spill in public. His heart ached, it felt as if it would break apart at any given second. Despite this Izuku tries his best to keep it together, Aizawa is still alive is what he tells himself and he continues to tell himself that as he gets to the hospital. The only problem was the tiny voice at the back of his head, it kept popping up, kept tormenting him he tried to push it away but it just kept coming back, constantly reminding him that he could have stopped all of this a long time ago. He was the reason Aizawa was in that area in the first place. He could have gone and healed him before this all spiralled out of control yet he sat there watching in horror.

____

Walking into the ER Izuku runs over to Mic as soon as he sees him. Mic seems just as glad as he is to have somebody familiar by his side, someone to ground his thoughts. Izuku asks for Aizawa's condition but nothing is known yet. They both sit there, silent but glad for each others company.

A doctor walks in to the waiting room and immediately Mic stands up, Izuku just watches from his seat. He watches as the two discuss something that he's unable to hear, Mic isn't helping him try to make out their conversation either as he keeps a straight face the entire time. Izuku starts to shake with nerves again as their conversation continues to stretch out, he doesn't know what they're talking about after some time he's determined that it's probably not good. Once the two's conversation is over Mic turns around, seeing the shaking child he runs over concerned and to tell him what the doctor said.