Chapter 40: Dabi

Here's the list of questions I'll be asking you, you can say half truths if you want I won't question it but please don't straight up lie. I'm not the only one with a truth quirk in the police force. Whatever information is revealed is up to you since right now you're our main lead." Katsuki nods after skimming through the paper and handing it back to the detective.

The teachers and the few students in the room all watch from their seats as Katsuki takes a seat in the middle of the room along with Tsukauchi. The detective signals for everyone to be quiet before switching on a voice recorder.

"Ok then, your name is Katsuki Bakugo, 15 years old and currently attending UA Hero course correct." Katsuki nods.

"Do you know the name Izuku Midoriya?"

"Yeah." Katsuki acknowledges.

"Who was he to you?"

"We were childhood friends. Our mum's were friends and practically neighbours back then so naturally we were forced to always be together."

"Could you explain his personality? What he liked to do?"

Katsuki huffs. "Back then Deku was a damn freak, he always followed me around and did that weird mumbling thing."

"Weird mumbling thing?"

"He'd always talk super fast non stop about whatever bullcrap he was on about. Mostly about heroes, he was obsessed. His room was practically a shrine. He also had his stupid notebooks where he'd analyse hero fights. Basically he was like any other hero obsessed child."

"Even after he was diagnosed as quirkless?" Katsuki pauses and Shota can't help but suck in a breath.

"Yeah." Katsuki says solemnly. "Even after he was diagnosed as quirkless he still wanted to be a hero." Katsuki looks down at his clenched fist. Maybe doing the interrogation in front of the whole UA staff board wasn't a really good idea.

"And did anything change after he was diagnosed as quirkless? No weird theories or ideologies put into his head?"

Katsuki shakes his head. "I doubt that, Deku was too nice for his own good. He barely changed... ah-"

"What is it?" Tsukauchi urges.

"Nothing."

"That's a lie."

Katsuki grits his teeth. "He didn't change all that much, just became quieter and seemed to try and keep out of everyone's way. He was still annoying as always though."

"What do you think were the reasons for these changes." Katsuki stays silent as he refuses to look away from his hand. "Bakugo, what do you think were the reasons for these changes."

"He was quirkless, what other reason could I possibly give."

Tsukauchi sighs, "That's a lie."

"Look I don't know."

"Also a lie." Katsuki grits his teeth in frustration.

"Look he was being bullied. What else would you expect to happen when children are being brain washed into thinking those without quirks are nothing but dirt."

"Bullied how exactly? Be specific."

"Why are you going so deep into this anyway, this wasn't what you told me you'd ask about." Katsuki complains a little agitated now.

Tsukauchi gives him a pointed look before asking him again. "Please be specific."

"Urgh, what do you want me to be specific about, Deku was bullied. Called names, picked on, often left out and isolated. What more do you want."