Chapter 14: The sucky outdoors (Part 2)

(3P POV)
The screaming gophers weren't doing as glamorous as the killer base. After a bear wondered into their camp site, the whole team ran up a tree. It was only after Lishawna fell out of the tree that they realized that it was their team mate, Izzy, in a bear costume which she found in the woods. 

"And this one is for you." Heather grumbled out, handing one of the cooked fished to Izzy who was still in the bear costume but without the head.

"Rocking the fish sticks. Nice." Izzy exclaimed, taking the fish and biting into it, not minding her hairy paws.

"What is this?." Nick chuckled while holding out the small fish as if it had a disease. "This is not a fish. Where is this meat? It still had scales and it's looking at me. And what am I suppose to eat this with? My hand? Where are the forks. If I was back home.."

"Shut up Nick!" The gopher team screamed in unison. This act had become a regular occurrence since the beginning of the challenge. Nick would begin to complain about something and compare it to his lavished life back home. It goes not without saying that the rest of the team was growing tired of him.

Suddenly, a noise was heard from the bushes along with the sound of growling then a bear walking out and up to Izzy to sniff the remains of her fish.

"Wow that customer is really good. I mean I thought mine was good but this one is super good." Izzy compliment it.

"It's probable Chris trying to mess with us. Nice try man." Trent said

Owen came over, honking it's nose twice and said, "We know you're not a bear dude."

Not please with the touching, the bear roared at him.

"I don't know Owen. This one looks pretty real." Gwen said nervously

"Chris did said there were bears out here." Heather stated said the rest of the team minus Own and Izzy backed away from the creature.

"Oh come on guys" Owen, not believing it's real, grabbed the bear, putting him in a head lock. " They're just trying to see if they can punk us twice. This is not a real bear and I'm going to prove it to you." He proceeded to try and pull off it's head only to pull out the head at the top of it's head. "Wow that does look kind of real."

The bear stood up on two paws, pawing his new bawled spot before angrily roaring in Owen's face.

"Yeah. That's a real bear." Owen confirmed 

Unfortunately for them, the loud roar was followed by the sound of rustling bushes and angry growls of more bears around their camp.

"Why are there so many bears!" Heather screamed in fear, watching as more bears came into view.

(Confessional) 
Duncan sat while playing with the small arm bag that Mia-bella had given him by throwing it up and catching it.

"Mia-bella is a lot of things. It's why people love her so much. It's really hard to hate someone who's beautiful, kind.. "He proceeded to open the bag and pulled out a large chief's knife."...With all the abnormal amount of stuff she always carries, she's resourceful." The next object is took out was a medium sized vial. He placed it down closely in front of the camera. He slowly started turning it around. "She's caring, smart, loyal." When the vial was turned around to reveal the label, Duncan couldn't help the devilish smirk that grew on his face.

"She's also dangerously cunning." Right there, on the label in big bold letters, spelt 'Bear bait'. "She wasn't called the queen for nothing."

The night was hard for the screaming gophers team. After they fought off a few of the bears, they climbed back up into the tree that they were in previously, luckily with only a few cuts, bruises and torn clothes but they slept uncomfortably on tree branches. Not only had to endure their other teammate fighting and complaining but also had to endure the heave rainfall that fell throughout the night. This night was just another form of hell that the reality show had in store for them.

Morning came as Lishawna bent her back, groaning in pain when she heard her bones cracking and soon after, Trent did the same.

"I think it's safe guys. The bears are gone." he said

It was only a little while after morning came did the bears finally left.

"And so in the map." Gwen stated while holding a wet and torn piece of their map.

"I don't know how raccoons sleep in trees because I am so stiff." Izzy said

"They must be really limber." Owen answered

"You know what crazy girl. I don't want to hear another word from you or the bear hunter here. If you two hadn't been acting like bear bait all night, we could have actually slept in our tents."

"Well I would have prefer it if we slept on a bed.."

"Shut up!" Izzy, Owen and Heather screamed at Nick.

"What time is it anyway?" Beth asked 

"Judging from the sun's position, my guess is somewhere around 6 to 7 am." Cody stated

"What? Really?" Forgetting her anger, Heather smiled triumphantly. "We are suppose to be back by breakfast. If we leave right now, we'll beat the other team even with out our map. Just forget the supplies and let's go."

And with that, the team left their camp site. Only relying on their memories to get back. They had gotten lost once so they team sighed in relief upon seeing the bon fire pit with no sign of the killer base team. Only Chris sat on the stump who had seem to be waiting for them.

"Yes! We won." Heather screamed followed by the cheering of her team mates.

Their temporary success was interrupted by Chris saying, "Not quite."

"What do you mean? We are the only ones here." Gwen asked

The host chuckles then said, "Let me show you guys something." before walking away, signaling them to follow him.

They followed him to the mess hall and opened the door to reveal the rival team eating uncaring about the challenge. The smell of seafood filled the room with most of the base eating at their table, Duncan by the counter and Mia-bella behind the counter with chief next to her looking at her with pride.

"Like no way. How did you beat us!?" Lindsay asked

"Oh hey guys." Mia-bella greeted them while walk around the counter to get closer to them with a plate of fish and crab. "We ended up getting up super early. We even got to watch the sun rise. It was super fun. I knew with all of us rushed to get to camp, we wouldn't able to eat. Luckly I had Duncan get up a fish net last night." Mia-bella purposefully avoided Heather who was glaring at her and focus on waving to plate in front of the hungrier members which was most of the team. "We just swung by and get it. We even got a few grabs too. Chief was even nice enough to let use his kitchen."

"Fish and crabs?" Owen felt is mouth watering, eyes glued to the plate.

"This is all you're fault! Because of you two we lost the challenge!" Heather screamed at Izzy and Owen before storming out.

"Alright screaming gophers, one of your furry butts is going home." Chris said to the remaining team members before turning to Mia-bella while taking the plate. "The killer base, you get an all expenses paid trip to the tuck shop."

The base cheered at their easy victory.

Later that night, the person who ended up going home was not Owen or Izzy but Nick.

(Confessional)
"So what if it wasn't the the large idiot and crazy girl that went home. Nick was the most annoying through out the whole trip plus if I had my way, all three of them would be gone." Heather growled 

"On to something more important, luxury tent, great food, a delinquent lapdog, besties with chief," She listed them off on her fingers and got more and more irritated. "Not to mention that little stunt at the talent show. This challenge just confirms something for me." She got closer to the camera, casting her death glare and the viewer and growled out with such hate, "Mia-bella has got to go."

🌹~~~~~~~~~~🌹

Thanks for reading

👥Share, ⭐Vote, 🙋😘Comment