Chapter 11: Not Quite Famous (Part 1)

(3p POV)
"You have to go deeper than that." Mia-Bella groaned out, running her hands through her messy morning bed head.

"I'm trying." Harold said

"I know, maybe you should open your mouth wider." She instructed

"I don't think it can get any deeper than this." He said in a deep voice for effect.

Just then, a loud horn was heard through the speakers.

"Alright campers, enough beauty sleep! Time to show us what your made of!" Chris's voce yelled through the speakers.

And when that, Duncan, who was eagerly waiting at the side, picked her up bridal style and said, "Time to go!" he glared at Harold over his shoulder while walking away. "And longer and the kid's dorkiness will rub off on you."

"We'll pick up your tutoring again tomorrow Harold!" She yelled, giving him a smile while taking out her Bunny band to pull her bed head into her usual high ponytail.

Unknown to her, Harold was suppressing the urge to not cower in fear at Duncan's intense glare that only went away when he was out of sight.

Ever since the last challenge, Mia-Bella has been teaching him voice control to improve his beat boxing skills which she was also teaching him and when she told Duncan, of course she was not happy about it but went along with it anyway. No matter how early or how late, if he was busy or tired, he was always there. Sitting to the side, just watching.

After the first tutoring, Harold had learnt to keep his distance from her. Not emotionally, just physically. A simple touch would encore the wrath. Still, it doesn't mean Harold wasn't grateful for all the time and effort she had put into helping him. Most wouldn't even spend and hour with him. So to Harold, Mia-Bella was a true friend.

(An Hour Later)

After a light breakfast, Both teams now sat on newly built bleacher in front of a stage.

"Are we gonna see a musical, I love musical. Especially the one with singing and dancing." Lindsay said out loud cheerfully.

"Don't they all have singing and dancing?" Mia-Bella asked, looking down at Duncan who was comfortably laying on her lap with his eyes closed.

"Listen to her and you'll lost a couple of brain cells." Duncan said as he sat up, wasting no time to wrap Mia-Bella in his arm, pulling her into his side. "I can feel myself getting dumber already."

"Welcome to our brand new, state of the art, out door amphitheater!" Chris said from his position on the stage. "Ok this weeks challenge is a summer camp favorite. A talent contest!"

"Yes Awesome!" Owen yelled

"Each team has eight hour to pick their three most talented campers. These three will represent their team in the show tonight. Sing, dance, juggle, anything goes. As long as it's legal." Chris said while turning to glare at Duncan as Duncan snapped his fingers jokingly. "You'll be judged by our resident talent scout, former DJ, VJ and rap legend, Grand Master Chief! Who will show his approval via the Chief oh meter." Chris pointed to a wooded spoon above his head with Chief's face on it. "The team that loses will send one camper home tonight. Good luck"

And with that, he walked off the stage.

After Chris's brief explanation of what to do, Courtney decided to take charge as always but it took her a while to gather the Bass members in front of the boy's cabin to start the auditions.

The first to audition was Kadie and Sadie with their booty shaking dance but after they were finished it was quite obvious what the bass though especially at Sadie's jump and spit at the end.

"Sorry but our judge is Chief and I don't think your dancing will impress him. Next." Courtney said, calling out for the next person.

The next person to audition was Tyler with his yo-yo skills and it was going well until he lost control and got tangled up with his own yo-yo.

Chris who had came to inspect the team said, "Man, that is weak." Before walking away.

"Next" Courtney said

"Do you need some help there Tyler?" Mia-Bella asked

"No. I'm good." He said while waddling away.

The next person was DJ who was wearing a white leotard, holding a ribbon.

"Oh DJ had told me his mom had signed him up for ribbon dancing classes when he was younger but I never though he would audition with it as his talent." Mia-Bella whispered to Duncan and Harold who stood left and right of her while watching DJ's movements when her eyes caught Duncan trying hard not to laugh. "Don't you dare."

He trying to play it off as a cough before smirking then said, "I didn't say anything."

"I've been meaning to ask?" Harold started as he turned to Mia-Bella. "Aren't you gonna audition?"

"N..no" She muttered, turning her head face away from him.

"Why" See her turn away, had gotten him curious.

"Yeah Bunny." Duncan smirked at her causing her face to redden. "Tell him why you won't audition."

She glared at him before turning to Harold to answer his question.

A little while later, DJ ended his dance with a jump and slit causing everyone to clap.

"Fine. Sign him up." Courtney sighed in frustration. "Who's next?"

"Me! I can stand on my hands for 20 minutes. Watch." Bridgette said before doing a hand stand.

"That would be cute if you were a monkey but I don't think it's quite what we're looking for." Courtney said before saying, "Next"

"You got this Harold" Mia-Bella mutter to him as he stepped forward.

Harold cleared his throat then inhaled deeply but didn't get to say anything for Courtney yelled, "Next."

"Hey, That's not fair." Mia-Bella protested, rubbing Harold's shoulder's in comfort. "He deserve a chance like everyone else."

"I'm not gonna waste my time with people that have not talent." Courtney snapped "We still haven't finished choosing who's gonna perform plus they'll need time to get ready on stage."

Mia-Bella was about to argue when she was stopped by Duncan's hand on her shoulder.

"That's cold for someone who used to be a CIT. I bet the kids had just loved you with your warm and fun personality." Duncan said sarcastically while pushed Mia-Bella and Harold toward the cabin steps.

Courtney just glared at him before yelling, "Next!"

The next person was Geoff with his skate boarding skills. It had impress the bass team as they cheered at the end.

"I guess it's guess it's Geoff, DJ ribbon thing and your solo." Bridgette said to Courtney.

"Now that we know who's performing, let's go practice on the stage." Ordered Courtney

Everyone left with Courtney except Duncan, Mia-Bella and Harold.

"Funny how she didn't audition yet she's in the show." Harold said as Duncan scoffed.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this." Duncan said, sitting next to Mia-Bella.

"Me too" Mia-bella watched worriedly after her team's retreating forms. "We better be prepared for the worst." Then she gave Duncan a secret smile as Duncan gave her a knowing smirk. "Luckily, I came prepared for everything."

🌹~~~~~~~~~~🌹

Thanks for reading

👥Share, ⭐Vote, 🙋😘Comment