Chapter 7: The Big Sleep (Part 1)

(Mia-Bella's POV)
I snuggled into Duncan's chest, listening as his heart rate sped up, signaling that he was awake but not willing to move anytime soon. I was about to drift off to sleep again when I shot up at the loud sound of a bull horn through a mega phone. If it wasn't for Duncan's arms, keeping me held tightly to him chest, I would have hit my head on the top bunk.

The faint smile on Duncan's face turned into a hard scowl. " He's gonna to die." He growled without opening his eyes.

"He's the host" I giggled at his cute angry face as I got up and grabbed my clothes to go change in the girl's bathroom. "He's literally getting paid to provoke us."

After I sluggishly got dress and grabbing my survival bag, I went outside to see a few of the campers already out there along with Chris. I went to lean Duncan who gladly pulled me closer.

"Morning, hope you slept well." Chris said once everyone was here. "I hope you're all ready because your next challenge starts in exactly 2 minute."

"Excuse me, I don't know if that's enough time to eat breakfast." Owen said

"Oh you'll get breakfast Owen right after you complete your 20 kilometer run around the lake." Chris yelled

"Oh so you're funny now." Eva growled as she walked towards him with her fist raised causing Duncan and Geoff to hold her back. "You know what I think would be funny?"

"Eva, try to control your temper" Courtney whispered to her but was ignored.

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" Eva growled at Chris

"A little" Chris said cheerful "You have 1 minute."

"Look Eva" I placed my hand on her shoulder as the guys released her. "It won't do you any good attacking the host, unless you want to get arrested."

"It's wouldn't be the first time." She muttered

"And ruin your chance at winning a million dollars?"

"Fine." She sighed in defeat.

(Confession)
"OK Eva may have a little anger problem but I believe if you look pass that, she can be a great friend." Unknown to her, the hallo of bright light around her along with her shining purely white teeth was probable blinding the viewers.

All the contestants stood at the starting point prepared to run.

"You think you can keep up bunny?" smirked Duncan

"You're the one who's gonna have to keep up." I smirked back

"OK runners, on your mark, get set, go!" Chris yelled as everyone took off. A few were too tired to run will the rest wanted to finish as soon as possible.

I was jogging next to Duncan as we passed most of our team mates. Chris drive passed us on his scooter with his mega phone.

"Pick it up people! If you're not back by dinner time, you don't eat." He said

We got to the mess hall after Eva, DJ and Geoff with Kadie right behind us. We all dropped in our seats both miserable and tired and Chris was smiling at us as if he got high off of our pain as he filed his nails.

I was about drop my head on the table when Duncan pulled me to sit sideways on his lap. I wrapped my arm around him, nuzzling my face into his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

(Confession)
"Duncan and I had been close since before we were in kindergarten so us being overly affectionate is not surprising to anyone who knows us" I said before laughing nervously as my face burned red. "I must admit that there was a time that I had some small feelings for him but there's gone now."