Chapter 9: Dodgebrawl (Part 1)

(Mia-bella's POV)
The morning of the challenge, it was extremely hard dragging myself out of bed plus persuading Duncan to get up as well.

After struggling to drag Duncan out of our bunk to the mess hall so we could finally eat something, I got our food from chief and went back to the killer Bass's table to find Duncan struggling and failing not to sleep with his face plastered faced down on the table.

I sat down ready to eat only to be pulled into Duncan's lap, him nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Don't eat that" He pushed away the food off the table and I swear that I saw it twitched once it hit the ground before crawling away. "You'll have a better chance at surviving if you starve."

The rest of the killer bass team was practically half asleep or groaning from tiredness when Chris walked in.

"Duncan you look like death dude." He smirked, enjoying Duncan's struggle to stay awake.

"Stick it." Duncan muttered. I felt his body clench, trying to control his anger.

I rubbed up and down his arm soothingly, trying to calm him down.

"Harold snored all night." Courtney informed

"Wow four night with no sleep. How much are hurting dude?" Chris chuckled at Duncan.

"Wanna find out!?" Duncan yelled angrily, sliding me off of his lap before standing up.

At this point the rest of our team mates step back and hid either under the table or behind someone else.

"No, no, it's cool. It's cool man." Chris stammered out in fear while still trying to keep the smile on his face for the cameras.

"Come on Duncan." I slid my hand into his before pulling him to sit, dropping myself onto his lap. "No sense in killing the host this early in the contest."

"So right you are" Chris nod his head, smirking triumphantly.

"Besides, the most important thing is getting these pictures for Anna's school project."

"You're right" Duncan said as I took out the camera and took a picture of Chris's frowning face. He smirked looking at the picture and said, "That is definitely not your good side."

Just then, Harold came in, stretching and yawning at the door before walking to his seat. It was unknown to him and because of his snoring, his face became a canvas for someone who was very angry and sleep deprived last night.

Both teams snickered at him as he came to our table and sat down.

"Ok what?"

"Someone messed with your face dude." Geoff informed him.

He looked at his reflection through a spoon and smiled.

"Hey sweet stash."

I quickly took out a rag and a bottle of remover. I stretch over the table toward Harold; not caring that Duncan's head that was leaning on my shoulder, had now slid down to my lower back.

"Here." I wiped his marker mustache, intensionally ignoring the blush that came to his face. "Those things are toxic to the skin."

"Thanks" He said

I gave him a smile and was about to answer him when I was pulled into Duncan's chest.

"Stop moving" He drowsily muttered into my hair, oblivious to the intense glare he was sending Harold's way.

Before I could tease him about his cuteness, Chris interrupted, "Hey Everyone, It's Gwen!"

The screaming Gopher team applauded her as a drowsy Gwen walked in and sat down.

"I'm so tired, I can't feel my face." And with that, her face slammed into the table.

Duncan lowly groaned in agreement.

"Are you going to be alright to go through with the challenge today?" I whispered to him, snuggling my face into his muscled chest.

"No worries Bunny." His arms tightened slightly around me, using his thumbs to rub my back soothingly. "I'll be fine. May catch some Zs and leave the heavy lifting to everyone else though."

"Hey fish heads!" Heather yelled at us tauntingly. "Way to kick out your strongest player. Way don't you just give up now." She then stepped aside, narrowly missing the mash potatoes that were thrown by Courtney and hit Gwen in the face. "Missed me."

"Alright campers listen up" Chris said, clapping his hands to get our attention. "Your next challenge begins in 10 minutes and be prepared to bring it"

After the 10 minutes and another extra 3, I managed to finally drag Duncan out of the mess hall and down to the beach where everyone else already was.

Everyone else was currently on a court which was also enclosed in a glass prism sheltering the court from any outside disturbances.

(Confession)
"I mean the courts great and all. Whoever built it was really good at their job but" folding my arms and legs with a confused look on my face. "When exactly did they have time to build it?"

I open to glass door for him as he walked in and dropped himself on the bleachers then stated to the others, "Wake me up and it'll be the last thing you do."

"Sorry guys he just gets extra cranky when he doesn't get enough sleep." I went to sit directly by Duncan's head only to be pulled down into his arms.

"Sleep" He peeked one eye at me. "Don't act like you got much sleep either. You sure as hell couldn't keep those headphones on all night."

"But-"

"Sleep"

I sigh, giving in by laying my head on his chest while watching the others as Courtney blamed Harold for everyone on the team being tired.

Chief blew the whistle, silencing the teams before Chris stated, "Today's Challenge is the classic game of dodge ball. The first rule of dodge ball is-"

"Do not talk about dodge ball." Noah said as Owen chuckled and Nick high fived him.

"As I was saying, if you get hit with the ball" Chris throw the ball at Courtney hard. "You're out"

"You can't do that!" She yelled, throw the ball back at him only for him the catch it.

"If you catch the ball, the thrower get sent out while the catcher gets to bring in another teammate on the court." Chris said before throwing the ball again but at Geoff this time who caught it before taking up another ball. "Ok now Geoff, try to hit me. If you're holding a ball, you can use it to deflect a ball but if it knocks the ball out of your hand, you're out."

"Wait what do I do again when the ball comes at me again?" Lindsay asked

"You dodge" Chris used his ball to block the ball that Geoff sent.

Everyone whined when the said hit Lindsay in the face.

"You were suppose to dodge"

"Right" She groaned while standing up, revealing a huge lump at the center of her forehead.

"You have one minute until game time. Gophers, you'll have to sit one person out each game."

I saw Bridgette, Sadie and Geoff taking the bench while DJ, Harold, Courtney, Tyler and Kadie took the court against Heather, Owen, Lindsay, Lishawna and Cody.

That was all I was able to see until sleep took over.

🌹~~~~~~~~~~🌹

Thanks for reading

👥Share, ⭐Vote, 🙋😘Comment