Chapter 1: Not so happy campers (Part 1)

(Mia-bella's POV)
After packing 1 bag, 4 suit cases and forcing some of Duncan's clothes in the big one, I was finally ready to leave. And just like clock work, a big armored prison truck come to a stop at our house.

When I managed to drag the two suitcases outside, Mr. And Mrs. Nelson and my five year old sister, Annabelle were saying their goodbyes.

"My babies!" Yelled Mrs. Nelson as soon as she saw me, pulled Duncan and I into her famous back breaking hugs. "You guys be safe OK, the brochure may say five star resort but I have a bad feeling about this."

Ok, here's the thing. If you know Mrs. Nelson for as long as I have then you'd know that most of the time she's never wrong. Luckily I had the same feeling. "Don't you worry Mrs. N, I managed to squeeze my survival bag in one of the suitcases."

"Then we'll be able to survive in a forest" smirked Duncan while wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer.

"Better safe than sorry" I said before taking this opportunity to snuggle into his warm that I have missed immensely. "I missed you"

"I missed you too bunny" he said before kissing my forehead.

"Hey love birds, we gotta go or we'll be late!" Yelled Terry, one of Duncan's guards.

"Let get-" I was cut off by Anny holding a camera in front of my face. I was confused for a second but then I remembered her school project before taking the camera. "Of course Anny"

"What's the camera for?" Asked Duncan

"Remember that project I told you about?" I asked him

"Oh" he said ruffling her hair causing her to laugh. "Of course we will do it and we'll get really good pictures too."

"We gotta go!" Terry yelled again from inside the armored truck.

We gotta go!" Mimicked Duncan as he grabbed both my suitcases before getting into the back of the truck.

"Bye." I hugged Mr. And Mrs. Nelson and Anny before getting in the truck too.

I heard the sound of Anny shouting good bye at the truck as it started moving.

A few minutes of sitting in silence, the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

The three guards were staring at Duncan as if waiting for him to do something and Duncan, who was currently beside me, gave them his hardest fiery glare like he was actually waiting for them to burn.

It became unbearable after 5 more minutes so I decided to use my secret weapon that usually calms the beast.

"Hey guys" I said catching the guards attention. I then pulled out three freshly baked cupcakes; each in it's own container to prevent from being squished in my bag. "I made cupcakes"

Immediately, they smiled and each took one and happily ate them.

I then pulled out a muffin before turning to Duncan who was still glare at the guards then put on the cutest pout I could muster.

"Duncan" I said causing him to turn towards me. His eyes immediately soften. "I made you favorite, deep fried meat balls on a stick."

He smiled at me before taking one from the container while wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

I snuggled into his side as the atmosphere turned into a calm one.

Pretty soon we reached the harbour where the boat was supposed to pick us up.

Duncan was all too happy to get out of the truck as he lifted me up, placed me outside then went back for our bags at record time.

"Good bye smelly guards, sloppy food and iron beds" muttered Duncan as the guards glare at him before driving away.

Turning to the docks, a dark skinned person who was wearing an apron stood next to a small broken old motor boat holding a sign that said contestants.

"There is no way we are getting in that thing" said Duncan, glaring at the person.

"You either get on or you don't. Your call." The person said in his commanding voice, glaring back at Duncan.

"That thing is a death trap on water!" Duncan yelled

"That's a nice way of saying you're scared, Margot!" The person smirked.

Provocation. Nice move.

"Listen muscle freak, I'm not scared of anything! And there is no way I am letting Mia on that death trap!" Yelled Duncan

It was obvious by the intense glares they were giving each other, a war was about to break out.

"Duncan" I said while grabbed his hand. "Please, you promised to behave."

After looking at my pouty face for a second, he sighed.

"Fine" He said in frustration before glaring menacingly at the person who was smirking. "But I'm going first, got it"

Just then, a luxurious boat coming to a stop right beside us.

"And here's your boat now. Right on time." the person said smugly. "One contestant at a time."

Before Duncan could get the chance blow a fuse, I pushed him on the boat before it drove off.

"I'll be right here ok! I won't move from this spot until the boat gets back!" I yelled while waving at him.

"Fine!" Duncan growled in frustration but he realized that he couldn't argue. "But you better be the next person I see coming off of this boat!"

Soon the boat was out of sight and the painful empty feeling that came at the distance that separated us returned.

I then sighed in frustration before sitting down on the docks, waiting patiently for the boat while digging in my backpack for the snacks I baked. By then I realized two things, Duncan had left his bag and the dark skinned person was still here.

"Hey, I didn't get the chance to introduce myself earlier. My name is Mia-bella but I suppose you already know that." I said, giving him a small smile while putting out my hand for him to shake.

At first, he stared at it suspiciously, before hesitatingly shaking it.

"You may call me Chief Hatchet." He said in a commanding voice while running his eyes all over me. My guess is, he's wondering if I'm friend or foe. Duncan gives people the same look all the time.

"Well it's very nice to meet you Chief. Oh it looks like my ride is here" I said, pointing at the returning boat that came to a stop beside us. After throwing the 2 suitcases and Duncan duffle bag on the boat, I stepped on it with my backpack in hand. "I would say goodbye but I have a feeling that I would be seeing you more frequently, am I right?"

I caught the slight smirk on his face as the boat drove off.

Turns out, the island wasn't that far away since it took under 10 minutes until an island came into view. As we got closer, it didn't surprise me that we were going to stay at a broken down old camp.

I quickly took a picture of the island for Anny before putting it back in my bag.

When the boat came to the docks, I hurried to get the bags off before the boat quickly sped off.

"And here comes the heavenly angel herself, Mia-bella!" Chris McClean introduced.

🌹~~~~~~~~~~🌹

Thanks for reading

👥Share, ⭐Vote, 🙋😘Comment