Chapter 5: Not So Happy Campers (Part 5)

(Mia-bella's POV)
To get my mind off of Chris's carelessness, I grabbed my bag before urging a smirking Duncan to the main lodge.

We were the first ones there and surprisingly, Chief was behind the counter.

"Hi Chief, What are you doing here?" I asked as I walking up to the counter with Duncan following behind.

"I will be your cook for the rest of the summer. Grab your trays and get your food." He commanded.

"You don't mind that I already made something for the both of us do you?" I asked him

I could see he was debating whether or not to let us.

"Fine but this better not be a regular thing. Now go sit down." He said

"Thank you" I said while pushing a still smirking Duncan to sitting down. "And would you stop it with the smirking."

"I mean, come on, did you see that food. I literally just saw it move." He whispered as his attention turning to what I took out of my bag. "Is that your famous Pasta and meatballs?"

"Yep, complete with my home-made cupcake." I said while placing down the food in front of us.

"Mia, you are an angel" Duncan said before digging in.

"So I've been told" I chuckled

Soon, the other campers came in, mouths watering in anticipation once they saw what we were eating. they quickly got in line but was disappointed at what they saw.

"Listen up! I serve it three times a day! And you will eat it three times a day! Grab your tray, get your food and sit your butts down now!" Chief commanded

"Excuse me, will we be getting all the major foods?" Beth asked but only received a scowl from Chief.

"That is totally unfair." Heather said with venom laced in her words as she got her tray of food like everybody else. "I don't see prison boy and miss perfect eating this."

"They brought their own food!" Yelled chief "you got a problem with that!"

"Well not right now." She said quietly before going to her seat.

Soon everyone was sitting either forcing down there food or walking it move.

"Welcome to the main lodge" Chris said just arriving.

"Yow dude, can we order pizza?" Geoff asked him. Just then, a knife was thrown from the kitchen to lodge itself right at the door. "It's cool G. Brown slop is cool. Right guys."

Looking at Chief who had another sharp long knife in his hand as everyone nod their head, fearfully agreeing.

"Your first challenge begins in one hour." Chris said before leaving.

"What do you think they'll make us do?" Kadie asked

"It's our first challenge. How hard can it be." Shrugged DJ