Chapter 15: Phobia Factor (Part 1)

(3d POV)

After making sure all the cameras and microphones were either gone to focus on the illumination or blocked, Mia-bella gave a small nod toward Duncan who quickly muttering to Bridgette who was sitting on his right, loud enough for Courtney, who was sitting on his left, to hear.

"It's a relief Mia decided to come with me on this contest." Duncan said

"I know right." Bridgette said excitedly, "That girl is prepared for anything. A real jack of all trades."

"It's the amount of bags she carries. I swear everything she's need to win the challenge is in those bags." Duncan smirked, watching as Courtney said something about using the bathroom then quickly ran off out the door. "Too bad she's the only one that can find anything in it and that's if we get pass the high tech pad lock with military grade fabric."

"Then it's a good thing she's on our team." She said

"Yeah very good thing." His voice drifting off as he gave Mia a thumbs up before moving to go watch the door.

"Ok let's get down to business." Mia started, positioning herself in front of her team with her arms folded in front of her chest. "All the camera are gone and it will take at least 5 minutes for them to notice that the camera they have in here are not working so I'm gonna make this quick, we have 10 teammate while they now have 9, less than us we should make it stay that way."

"Yo shouldn't we be having this conversation when Courtney's back?" Geoff asked

"We have less than 4 minutes, least time than I'll need to convince her that being a CIT does not equal leadership." She said as he nod his head in understanding. "As I was saying, even though we're enemies in this contest, right now we're team mates and we need to work to together." She turned her glared to Kadie and Sadie. "Which means we need to stick together. I hope you two realized that if I hadn't noticed you guys, you would have been probably eaten by bears in during the night?" The two lowered their heads in shame, giving a small nod. Mia sighed, placing a hand on both their shoulder in comfort. "As long as you know and it won't happen again."

"Your right." Dj said while feeding his rabbit the last of his vegetable. "We haven't been acting like a team."

"But this is a contest man!" Tyler stated

"A contest where we have to go against the other team first." geoff said, "Before we can go against each other. TV shows do it all the time and the team who works together the most is always the one left standing."

"So Bella, you've got a plan?" Bridgette asked expectedly

With a smirk, she said, "I've got a few. You guys better brush up on your acting skills. We're gonna need it for the next challenge."

In the last few minutes, Mia explain her plan to them until Duncan rushed to sit to her.

"camera crew are coming." He said.

"So everyone understand?" Mia asked, receiving nods around the table.

"Like what about Courtney?" Sadie asked

"Like she's not gonna like following order cause I don't think you've noticed but I like don't think you likes you." Kadie followed.

"I'm aware she doesn't like anyone threating her authority. Her position as someone important on this team so you don't vote her off." Mia stated not really caring for Courtney either. "We're not gonna tell her. She'll just try to interfere." She got up and walked to the door, watching the camera crew rushing to the mess hall. "We're just have to string her along so this team doesn't fail. She just have to make her think everything we do on this team is her idea."

"And how do we do that?" Tyler asked

"Figure it out." Mia said and seconds after, the door slammed open and in came the camera crew and right behind them was Courtney. With a smile she rushed over to them and said, "I'm glad yo guys are here. I don't know what happened but the power suddenly went out while I was using the outlet in the kitchen." They smiled at her while passing to fix the problem before she turned to Courtney. "Where did you go Courtney? We were gonna console the other team by giving them a few of our stuff from the tuck shop."

"And why would we do that? Their the enemy." She said

"To show good sportsmanship. We have to be an example to the viewers that we can be the bigger people even during the contest, right?" Mia asked expectedly

Courtney briefly looked at the camera before smiling, "You're so right. Everyone get there things and let's go to the camp site."

With that, she walked out, expecting everyone to follow.

Turning around, Mia gave her team a wink, "And that's how it's done." Before following Courtney out. 

After getting to the camp site, The screaming gophers were sitting there looking depressed. 

When she caught sight of us, "What do you guys want? I am in no mood for you guys to gloat right now." Heather said angrily. 

"We have some extra desert, snacks and Mia seafood from the tuck shop party." Geoff said

"So what? Your just being nice?" She asked

"It just a peace offering." Mia answered, grabbing an arm full of chips and walked over to a few of the friendlier/gullible members, Owen, Lindsay, Lishawna and Trent. Forcing the chips into their arms while giving them her most friendly smile. "Just because we're enemies on the air, doesn't mean we can't be friends off."

Heather gave up in arguing upon seeing the hungry looks her team mates were giving the food.

While the food was being passed around, Courtney flinched when Bridgette tried to hand her a green jello.

"Sorry, I just don't like green jello." Courtney told her

Bridgette just shrugged before passing it over to Bella who flinch, yelled 'snakes' hitting the plate away.

Looking the dirk covered jello, "It's just a gummy worm." Cody said.

"I'm sorry." She backed up into Duncan's arms who gladly wrapped his arms around her. "Snakes just freak me out." 

Unknown to everyone else, she winked at DJ who smiled at her for taking his fear he had told her in passing for her own.

"I feel you. Turtles give me the creeps." Tyler stated

"Wow" Duncan chuckled at him. "That's really lame man."

(Confession)

So suddenly everyone was have this big share fest by the fire. Beth went on and on about her fear is being covered by bugs. Harold is afraid the dark. Even Heather admits she's afraid of sumo wrestler." Gwen said lazily. 

"I'm not really afraid of anything." Courtney said smugly 

Duncan chuckled saying, "Such a liar."

"Oh yeah then mister tuff guy, what's your fear?" Courtney asked, successfully changing the subject as everyone waited for his fear.

"It's none of your business." He growled.

"Mia-bella" Courtney turned to her expectedly.

"Small dark spaces." She stated causing Duncan to look at her in betrayal.

"Excuse me?" Cody laughed. "I don't think I quiet caught that."

"Not really fear, more like strongly dislike." Mia continued, moving to sit in Duncan's lap to appear to be comforting him. "When he was in Juvie, one of their punishments for misbehaving was isolation in a metal box. Honestly I felt bad for the box when they finally got him out. He got very violent." Ignoring the look of fear on everyone's face as she played with his hair.

(Confession)

"Was any of that true?" Mia asked the question she knew every viewer wanted to know before smiling sweetly at the camera. "Who knows."

🌹~~~~~~~~~~🌹

Thanks for reading

👥Share, ⭐Vote, 🙋😘Comment