Chapter 2: Not So Happy Campers (Part 2)

(Mia-bella's POV)
I have a small wave to the camera when Chris introduced me while Duncan dumped our bags on the pile of other bags.

"I just knew that there was gonna be a catch" I said with a triumphant smile at the host, Chris. "That is why I came prepared."

"We'll see just how prepared you are, miss Angel." Chris smirked

"I'm up for a challenge." I said while passing him to stand next to Duncan.

"You've gotta love that optimism and positivity. It's almost sickening." said Chris

I took this time to look around at the campers/contestants that were already here.

First there was a girl with blue and black hair who looked miserable. She was clearly a goth because of her blue lip stick, dark colored clothes and depressing atmosphere.

Then there was a girl with blonde hair that was held back by a blue scarf.

Next to her was a boy that at first sight, could be described as a party boy. He had on a cowboy hat with a pinks unbuttoned shirt showing his abs.

Then there was a tall dark skinned boy with a 'D' on his green shirt.

Next to him was a girl with glasses and braces. Unlike most of the people here, she looks very excited to be here even though we all were basically lied too.

Finally, there was a girl with black hair wearing a tank top and shorts. She glaring sharply at every one as if either to intimidate or analyze.

I personally don't know what to make of everyone right now but if there's one thing I know, is never to judge a book by it's cover.

Soon the boat came speeding into view but the contestant wasn't on it. A guy with brown hair and wearing a red jump suit was water skiing at the back.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Tyler!" Chris introduced

Right as Tyler went to wave, he lost his footing and his skis came right off. He glided across the water to face plant into the dock then flew above our head only to land in our luggage. Unfortunately, his landing caused one of the contestant's luggage to land in the water and splash the girl with long back hair.

"My shoes!" She groaned angrily

"Wicked wipe out man!" yelled Chris who got a thumbs up from Tyler, party boy and the guy with the 'D' on his shirt.

Chris chuckled until the sound of his laughter was over powered by breathing.

A slim guy with brown hair, glasses and a piano stood behind Chris.

"Welcome to camp Harold" Chris said with a smile but got no reply as Harold kept looking around at our new temporary home for the summer.

"What's he looking at" the over excited girl with braces asked no one in particular.

"So you mean the show is on some yucky summer camp and not on some big stage or something?" Harold asked

"You got it" Chris smile but got a different response than he expected as Harold cheered.

"Yes. That is so much more favorable to my skills." Harold said while waking to stand with the rest of us while Chris whined at him. Meanwhile, the boat, again, quickly came and lift.

"Contestant number 10 is Trent" Chris introduced a guy with black hair, a green shirt with army green sleeves and a guitar case in hand.

"Hey good to meet you man. Saw you on that figure skating show. Nice work." Trent said to Chris as they fit bumped.

"Hey thanks man" said Chris. "I knew I rocked that show."

"I saw that. One of the guys drop his partner on her head though they got immunity that way." the girl with braces said

"Lucky, I hope I dropped on my head" Herald said

"Me too" agreed the blonde with blue scarf.

"So this is it" asked Trent as he looked around at his fellow campers and was clearly not impressed "Alrighty then." he went to stand beside the goth girl, giving her a long smile.

She pretended like she didn't care but when he looked away, I could see the smile on her face. I can literally smell the scent of a summer romance in the air. I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it,

Just then, I felt a sharp stinging sensation of someone pinching me.

"No" Duncan whispered in my ear "I know that look in your eyes and you are gonna leave them alone."

"But" I started but, again, pinched my arm.

"Remember Jenny and Dave. You were the first one to see that they like each other then decided to play match maker and everything went so well until they broke up." He argued but unfortunately, he's right.

Jenny and Dave were a part of a charity group I join. It was so nice and I make friends with everyone. When Jenny and Dave broke up, it affected everyone because their break up was so bad, they cut ties with everyone that had any connection with the other including me.

"Look Mia, I just don't want you to be upset like last time ok." he said before pinching my cheeks and stretching it slightly.

"Ok fine, I'll stay out of it." I laughed, trying to push his hand out of the way.

Hearing a boat engine, I tried to see the next contestant but was only able to see a red and orange surf board.

I was shocked to see who walked off of the boat.

"Hey what's up" She said as she placed the board upright beside her and giving us a view of her blond hair that was always pulled back in a low ponytail.

"Alright. Our surfer chick Bridgett is here" said Chris.

"Bridgette!" I yelled before basically running to her

"No way! Bella!" She screamed before bringing me into a hug.

"Wait. you two know each other?" asked Chris

"Yeah. After volunteering so much, Bella's family sent her on a winter vacation" Bridgette started

"And that's where I meet Bridgette. She and her friends wanted to enter the extreme sports competition. I think I got a picture here." I said while scrolling through my phone before coming to the picture. "See, we were even booked in the same cabin."

"This is unexpected" He said as Bridgette and I passed him to stand with the other contestants. I chose to carry her board since she had a tendency to hit people with it.

"I remember that. That was when mom and dad had to basically threaten you to go." smirked Duncan before looking at Bridgette's board. "Nice board, this ain't Malabo honey."

"And you must be Duncan. Bella told me so much about you. Plus I thought we were gonna be on a beach." Bridgette said, looking around at the beach before frowning.

"We are" Chris said

"Great" she sigh before smiling at Party boy and girl with braces.

"Hey. I'm Geoff." He said

"What's up" She said to him

"Hi I'm Beth" The girl with braces said excitedly

"hey" Bridgette said

"Ok we've all meet surfer girl. Can we get on with the show please." the girl with long dark hair said rudely while flashing her still wet hair behind her.

"Well someone misses their latte this morning." Duncan smirk

"Get bent" she said glaring at him.

🌹~~~~~~~~~~🌹

Thanks for reading

👥Share, ⭐Vote, 🙋😘Comment