Chapter 10: Dodgebrawl (Part 2)

(3th POV)
An hour into the match and the score was screaming gophers, 2 and the killer bass, 0.

The bass team all sat on the bench depressed at the thought of losing another challenge.

"OK this is bad. One more game and we loss the whole challenge. Again!" Courtney stated, "We can't let that happen. We need someone strong, someone mean, someone who will crush those lamo gophers."

Everyone automatically looked at Duncan, sleeping on his back with his arms around Mia-bella who was cuddling in his chest.

"No way. If we wake him up, he'll kill us." DJ exclaimed

"He won't kill us guys." Courtney rolled her eyes, saying, "he wants to win too."

"That's right. We need Duncan's furiousness to win this." Harold said

"That's the spirit Harold, now go wake him up." Courtney ordered

"Why me?" He asked

"Because other than Nick, you're the worst at dodgeball and if he does kill you, you're the only one we can afford to lose." She explained

"No way, I'm not doing it." He said

"Well who gonna wake him up?" She asked as everyone looked away.

Suddenly Bridgette got an idea and said, "I think..." She then took out her phone and made a call. "....I've got an idea."

Just then, a phone rang from inside Mia-bella's survival bag which was by Duncan's head.

Duncan groaned, scaring the rest of his teammates as they ran to hide behind Bridgette.

Getting annoyed, he blindly stuck his hand in her bag and felt for the phone. Once he found it, he answered it and grunted, "Hello."

"Hi, can I talk to Mia-bella please." Bridgette said

He grunted before shaking Mia awake.

"What are you doing?" Courtney exclaimed "He's the one we wanted to wake up"

"Look" Bridgette glared at her. "If you can figure out someway for him to play without one of us losing a lem then I'm all ears. But right now, the only person he'll listen too is Bella."

"Here." Duncan said, giving her the phone then quickly going back to sleep.

"Hello" She said drowsily.

"Hey" She said through the phone while waving her hand to get her attention. "Our team's losing. Do you mind getting Duncan to help us?"

"Sure" Giving her friend a smile before she hanging up.

She poked his cheek twice with her special puppy dogs eyes and said, "Duncan." Drawing out his name in the process. "I think they need our help with the challenge."

With opening his eyes, he said, "You're making that face again aren't you."

"Maybe" she said

He sighed, knowing he was already defeated and said, "fine."

She excitedly got off him before he sat up, turning his head both sides, hearing the slight pop.

"You guys do what I say when I say it." finally opening his eyes to see his team surrounding him. "We're gonna try a strategy I picked up in Juvie. It's called 'rush the new guy'."

With Duncan's plan in action, Courtney, Geoff, DJ, Kadie and Duncan went onto the court.

"Hey!" Courtney called to Duncan "How come she's not playing!" She pointed to Mia-bella who was cheering for them.