Four

A week passed since Gabby moved to Forks. Her friendship with Edward was changing slowly, but her sister was what kept her pissed off. Bella would complain as to why Edward switched classes and then there was the one thing that had Gabby speaking up. "Why is Edward hanging around you when you are too quiet and too shy."

"He likes me for me." Gabby tells her. "Plus, Edward can hang out with whoever he wants. I'm not his boss and you sure the hell ain't either. Now stop this obsession before he puts a restraining order against you."

Bella watched Gabby got out causing her to huff in anger as she went to get ready. Outside, Gabby walked down the steps with a smile till she fell and hit her head. "Ow."

"Gabby, are you okay?" Charlie asked worried.

"It's just not my day." She replies as she held her head. "I'm guessing by the look you won't be home."

"No. I'm helping Mason County with an animal attack."

Gabby nodded as she heard Bella. "Bye, daddy and I'll see you later."

"Be safe."

Gabby nodded as she got in her Jeep and drove off.
~~~
Edward was holding his head causing Jasper to look at him. "What's bothering you?"

"I felt pain in my head." He said. "I think Gabby fell."

They saw Gabby pulling in causing Edward to smile as he walked over to her. Jasper shook his head as Emmett watched. "He is being a bit hoggish."

"He likes being around Gabby." She said. "If it wasn't for him, Bella would have ran all over Gabby and now it's different. Gabby is speaking up."

"Hi." Gabby said as she shut her door.

"Hi." He said. "Ready?"

Gabby nodded as they walked inside with Bella glaring at them. "Edward, why have you actually been hanging around me? The reason why I asked is because Bella said something this morning that made some sense."

"What did she say?"

"That I'm just a quiet and shy girl that never gets anyone. Yet, you are around me."

Edward couldn't believe what he was hearing. Bella told his mate that and that pissed him off. "I like you for you, Gabby. You're not fake and you like to be yourself even though you do speak up when you need to." He tells her as she opened her locker. "Hell, my brothers even like having you around."

"Emmett wants to steal my Jeep." She tells him with a smile. "Plus, I think you can be with whoever you want."

Edward shut her locker just as she kissed his cheek. He didn't say a word as he walked away with Gabby. The Cullens watched the two. Three were smiling, but one was upset as Edward was involving a human in their life. "Gabby doesn't belong in this life."

"I wouldn't piss her off." Was all Alice said.
~~~
Sometime that day, Gabby was walking to the cafeteria as she saw Bella. "Edward, why don't you sit with me instead of that bratty little sister of mine."

"I happen to like Gabby." He said. "She's nothing like you and she knows how to respect me." Gabby stood shock as Edward looked at her. "I want her to be more than my friend, but I'm not rushing her."

Gabby smiled as Bella looked at her sister as Edward was staring at Gabby. "Why her? I saw you first."

"No. I met Gabby in the hall on her first day and she managed to steal my heart." He tells her as he went to Gabby. "Are you ready for lunch, Gabby?"

"Yes." She said smiling.

Bella scoffed as she watched them leave. Gabby looked at Edward smiling as she had to ask one thing. "You like me?"

Edward looked at her smiling. "You are so beautiful, smart, and funny."

"Funny?" Gabby questioned. "I didn't know that."

"You tease Emmett with your keys."

Gabby laughed as Emmett grabbed her from behind causing her to scream out. Edward looked at Emmett shaking his head as he knew there was a brother sister bond between Gabby and Emmett. He was grateful that some of them like Gabby. The only person she has to meet is Esme and he knew that the two would get along.
~~~
After school ended, Gabby saw Rosalie's stares causing her to look at Edward. "Edward, I'm going to go to my vehicle. I think your sister wants to speak to you."

Edward looked to see Rosalie glaring. He nodded as she kissed his cheek for the second time that day. Edward watched as she left causing him to see what Rosalie's problem is. "What is your problem with my mate?"

"She is human. She shouldn't be involved in this life."

"If you are forgetting, she is my damn mate. I will be with my mate till she tells me to leave. Plus, she hasn't asked anything about us. Now I'm going to go talk..."

Edward froze when he saw Tyler's van and looked at his mate as she dropped her glass she won in class. He looked around to see everyone watching Tyler's van. "Don't..."

Edward didn't listen as he went to Gabby. He wrapped his arm around her and held his free hand out. He felt something like a cut as the van hit his hand. He looked to see Gabby cut her arm on the door. "Edward?" She asked shocked.

"Are you okay?"

Gabby nodded as she held him close. "Don't let me go."

"I won't."
~~~
At the hospital, Edward walked in just to hear Rosalie. "You need to shut your damn mouth. I know you are watching out for us, but I felt Gabby's pain twice today." He said causing Carlisle to stare in shock. "She hit her head this morning and then cut her arm on her door. Don't tell me what I can do and what I can't do. I will be with my mate."

"Edward..."

"She shouldn't know about us."

Edward rolled his eyes as he went to be with Gabby. When he walked in, Gabby smiled as he got by her side. Charlie ran in, but stopped seeing Edward and Gabby. He smiled as his little girl looked happy to have Edward with her. "How are you doing?"

"I'll live." She tells him smiling. "Thanks to Edward."

Edward smiled as she didn't ask any question. She hugged him as Charlie sat down just for Carlisle to walk in. He saw Gabby talking to her dad as her hand was in Edward's. Gabby looked and smiled as Carlisle. "I thought you were supposed to be helping me and not becoming my patient."

"At least I have an amazing doctor." She said smiling causing Edward to chuckle.

Charlie smiled as he knew just the way she was acting that she would be okay. Gabby looked at Edward as he looked at her. The two smiled as she was free to go home. Gabby knew one thing, she would have to call her mom. "Gabby, I'll sign you out."

"Okay, daddy." She said as Charlie left to do so. Gabby looked at Edward and hugged him. "I don't know how you did that, but I am grateful for you." She hugged him and kissed his cheek for the third time. "I'll see you later."

Edward watched Gabby walking away causing him to ask one thing. "Gabby?" She turned. "Can I give you a ride tomorrow?"

"Sure." She said. "Bye."

"Bye." Edward said smiling.

Gabby bit her lip as she dialed her mother's number. Once she heard her mom's voice, she started talking about how she was okay and that she has a crush on a boy named Edward Cullen.