Twenty six

Gabby smiled as her and Edward arrived at the field where the Cullens and Pack were coming together to practice for the battle. Edward held Gabby in her arms as she watched Emmett and Jasper. "Jasper will continue to have the upper hand so why is Emmett trying to prove that he can win."

"What makes you think he will always win?" Emmett asked.

"Let's see...Jasper was in the confederate army before that bitch Maria came along and he was in the army the woman was building. Therefore, Jasper has more experience than you and everyone here."

Jasper looked at her as Emmett walked over to her. He picked her up causing her to scream out. "Say it!"

"Put me down!"

"Nope."

"Edward!"

"I'm staying out of this one, baby. I love you, but you know how he is with his sister."

Gabby stuck her tongue out at him as Jasper joined the carry on. "Put me down!"

Esme smiled as she looked at Carlisle. "She's made us more of a family."

"That she did."
~~~
Sometime during them practicing, Gabby walked away to be left alone in her thoughts. Edward looked to see what Gabby was doing and was shocked to see she wasn't with April. April pointed causing Edward to go find his fiancée. He stopped to focus on Gabby's mind and smiled as her gift wasn't in use.

"Where's Gabby and Edward?"

"Gabby wanted to be alone and Edward went to find her."
~~~
"Don't ever scare me like that." Edward tells Gabby as he found her.

"Sorry, just thinking about this battle and Isiah." She tells him. "I wished this battle would have never started, but it's happening and James and his mate has to prove he is alive."

"He has a plan for all that." Edward says putting his arms around her. "James is going to end all this once and for all. I will keep you safe."

Gabby looked at Edward and kissed him. Edward pulled back as the two shared a look. "Promise me that no one won't get hurt."

"I promise."

"I don't care much about the newborn army, but those innocent people shouldn't die, but they are doing everything Victoria tells them without thinking about what she is doing." Gabby sighed. "All I want is for us to get married and maybe have another child."

"I would love that, Gabby Cullen."

Gabby smiled as she leaned up and kissed the love of her life.
~~~
April looked at Jacob in his form as he went to her. "Hey." She says. "You really do care about me." He nodded. "Jake, you don't have to protect me. Just protect Gabby so she can be with her family."

Jacob nodded as he put his head against April's stomach. She smiled as she wondered if she would have a family with Jacob later on.