iii

Rosé's POV:
All of the dancers left to go rest and the girls and I went through our notes. "Can we all please agree that the last group was the best?" Said Lagoona.
"Agreed." Chimed Jan and I.

"I feel like 6, 19, 14 and 31 are very held back. It would've been nice to see a smile from 8 and 12." Said Jan. "13 looked extremely uncomfortable dancing and it kind of made me feel sorry for her. 22, 41 and 7 didn't know the choreo at all." Said Lagoona. "I think we've made our decision." I said.

We called Lucia to let the dancers know who made the cut.

"Numbers: 4, 5, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31, 32, 34, 35, 36, 38, 39, 40, 42, 43, 46, 47, 48 and 50, please step forward." I announced. The dancers nervously stepped forward and I noticed Denali had closed her eyes and she was muttering words to herself.

"If your number was called... congratulations! You will be moving onto the next round of the audition. The rest of you may leave. Thank you for giving your time to be here, all of your were impeccable." Said Jan with her signature smile.

The dancers either celebrated or groaned. We looked at the 30 dancers who had impressed us. There was so many of them, yet they all brought something different to the table.

We decided to individually interview them. See if they had more experience than we thought and if they really had what it took.

We went through each person pretty quickly until we once again reached Denali.
She confidently strutted onto the stage and stood.
"Hello, what's your name?" Asked Jan.
"I am Denali Foxx." She beamed. Her smile was infectious and I could barely pay attention to the questions Lagoona was asking.

"Where did you grow up and where do you currently reside?" Asked Lagoona. "I grew up in Alaska but now I currently reside in Chicago." She replied.
I was very pleased with all of her answers. All though she seemed overconfident on the outside, she was very down to Earth and straight to the point.

"Lastly, why do you want this job and why do you dance?" Asked Jan. "I grew up as a figure skater and that really paved the way for my love of dance. I've been twirling my whole life and I think it would be an amazing opportunity to dance on the same stage as you guys."

I could tel she was genuine with her answers and the thought easily brought a smile to my face.

"That's wonderful. Thank you Denali." I said.
She waved at me before leaving the stage.
"Ok, what was that?" Asked Lagoona.
"Do you two know each other?" Asked Jan.
"No... what would make you think that?" I asked.

The two rolled their eyes before discarding the topic to discuss who they wanted to make the cut. Only 10 of the dancers would be able to move on.

We had the dancers come back to the stage.

"9, 15, 18, 20, 24, 32, 36, 43, 48 and 50. Congrats, you have made it to the final cut before we choose our new dancer." Said Lagoona. The other 20 girls quickly exited the stage and I could tell the remains 10 were as nervous as ever.

"The last part of the audition requirement you to perform a short solo. Show us your best moves and tricks and you'll do fine." Said Jan.
"You all have 10 minutes to change your shoes and prepare your music." I said.

The girls quickly ran off.
18 preformed an intense and powerful hip-hop performance. 32 did an amazing and intricate tap routine. Finally Denali stepped on stage. She changed her jazz shoes into heels.

"What song are you going to be performing Denali?" I asked. "I will be performing '100% Pure Love' by Crystal Waters." She said confidently.

The music started and Denali killed her performance. My eyes couldn't stop watching her, for not even a second. She did flips, splits and every trick in the book. It was amazing to witness.

Then she jumped and landed in the splits as the music ended. My jaw hit the floor. She was the best dancer I had ever seen in my life.