xvi

Denali's POV:

The next day...

I walked to the stage and noticed Lagoona, Jan, Lucia and Rosé were the only ones there.
"So is this not an extra rehearsal, or am I really early?" I said as I placed my bag down.

"We've been talking a lot Denali. About you." Said Lucia sternly. Jan, Lagoona and Rosé frowned and they all took a deep breath before exchanging nervous expressions. I had no idea what was going to happen next. "Denali, with all of these articles, it's really giving us and specifically Rosé a bad rep."
"What are you trying to say?" I muttered nervously.

"You're fired. We can't deal with anymore setbacks. We appreciate your talent and hard work but we simply cannot handle such a scandal for the whole tour. It's best if you leave." Said Lucia.

I stood in disbelief. I looked to Jan and Lagoona but they wouldn't even dare to look at me. Rosé was tearing up and was also avoiding my eyes, I thought I meant more to her that her tour, but I guess I was definitely wrong...
"I- I'm sorry... I won't bother you all anymore..." I said as I picked up my bag shakily. "I guess I don't mean anything to you three."

This was it, I had been fired. I had no job, I couldn't even return to Chicago because I didn't have much cash. I knew I had only one place left to go.

~

I knocked at the door and hoped they were there.
"Denali? What's wrong?" Said Mik as she wrapped her arms around me.
"I-I got fired..." I cried.
We entered the apartment and we sat on her couch immediately. I dropped my bag onto the kitchen counter and huffed in exhaustion.
"It was because of the articles, wasn't it?" Said Mik.
"Yeah... the girls didn't even try to let me stay. I've worked so hard and I don't even know what I am to them. I really thought they were my friends." I admitted, mentally facepalming myself.

All of the group hangouts, private lunches and dinners were all pitiful. They didn't want to get to know me or be my friends, they just felt sorry for me, they probably thought I was lonely since the other dancers and I weren't very close.

"I don't know what to do Mik, I don't have money, a job, anything."
"You can stay with me." Stammered Mik. "Uh- that's if you want to, at least until you can find a job. When we're on tour, you can go searching for a job. You'll have at least a few weeks in each location. You can stay with me in my hotel rooms."

"Thank you so much Mik." I said as I hugged her. "I don't know what I'd do without you and again I'm so sorry that we got messed up." I said as I pulled back.
"No matter what, I'll be here for you gorge."

"Wait- what about the expenses?" I asked nervously.
"It's okay, I'm glad I get paid extremely well."
We cuddled for a bit as we watched a movie and it was nice. It felt like old times and I missed having Mik around, I was lucky to have a friend like her.

Rosé's POV:

A few hours before...

"Lucia- please can we not do this!" Jan begged.
"It's what is best." Lucia replied.
"Is this really the best way to deal with this? This is her job, besides, she's didn't do anything wrong." Said Lagoona. "Too late... she's here." I whispered.

Denali walked up to the stage and noticed Lagoona, Jan, Lucia and I were the only ones there.
"So is this not an extra rehearsal, or am I really early?" She asked as she placed my bag down.

"We've been talking a lot Denali. About you." Said Lucia sternly.
Jan, Lagoona and I frowned and we all took a deep breath. "Denali, with all of these articles, it's really giving us and specifically Rosé a bad rep."
"What are you trying to say?" She asked nervously.

"You're fired. We can't deal with anymore setbacks. We appreciate your talent and hard work but we simply cannot handle such a scandal for the whole tour." Said Lucia.

Jan and Lagoona whimpered and looked away from Denali who I could tell was pleading me to say something. I just couldn't. I started to tear up and the girl I loved took a deep breath.

"I- I'm sorry... I won't bother you all anymore..." I said as I picked up my bag. "I guess I don't mean anything to you three." My heart broke into a million pieces at that very moment. She picked up her bag and left the stage and building.

"Great, now that's over and done with, we have to discuss whether or not we should get a replacement." Lucia stated as she tapped her clipboard with her pen.
"Seriously?! Is that your first thought right after you fired our best dancer?!" I exclaimed.

"Ms. Child! What is going on?! Aren't you glad? I can only imagine how awful it was to be manipulated and lead on by a backup dancer!"
"SHE DID NOTHING WRONG! This is all my fault!"

I stormed out and ignored my friends calls. I didn't want to see anyone except her. I ran back to my apartment and noticed something on my kitchen counter, a little gift that immediately made me want to sob.

A single pink rose with a light blue ribbon tied around it. A note next to it read: "Sorry about yesterday. Thank you for the roses and for always being there for me.- Denali Foxx <3'

She must've gotten my bouquet.
I placed the rose on my bedside table and cried as I stared at the flower.
Why couldn't I have just opened my damn mouth and stood up for Denali? She kept being punished for my mistakes. I indeed was the one who didn't deserve the her.