iv

Rosé's POV:
I couldn't believe how well Denali did. That's a lie. I wasn't surprised. She stood up and took a little bow.
"I know I messed up on the turn sequence, but I really hope you all liked my performance." She said, slightly out of breath.

"I literally didn't even notice, you must've covered it up extremely well." Said Jan.
"That was absolutely incredible Denali. If you aren't chosen, I can see great things in your future." Said Lagoona. Denali smiled and she looked at me for feedback.

"That performance was perfect." I said smiling.

Denali slightly blushed, well- it could've been since she had just finished such a draining dance routine and she thanked us again before she walked off the stage.

"Rosé~ what was that?" Lagoona said.
"I really don't know what you're talking about." I replied as I organised my notes.
"tHaT pErFoRmAnCe WaS pErFeCt!" Said Jan, clearly mocking me.
"Guys... Denali is just someone auditioning to be a backup dancer for us. This is a professional situation, don't be getting any ideas."

Jan and Lagoona smirked at each other and I rolled my eyes. Denali and I hadn't even had a proper conversation yet, I wasn't so sure why they were trying to play matchmaker.

We discussed the pros and cons of each dancer and we finally made our decision.
"Lucia, we've made our decision. Could you please get the dancers?" I asked.
"I think you girls have made a great choice. I will go fetch the dancers now." Replied Lucia.

She ran off to the lobby and the 10 dancers returned to the stage. Nine of them looked extremely confident while Denali was biting her lip in anticipation.

She is cute when she is nervous.

"Okay, we all loved your solos. You all did something unexpected and different. You all should be proud of yourselves. We thought of the choreography round, the individual interviews and this solo round." Said Jan.

"This person has surprised us each round and has proved that they are versatile, extremely skilled and absolutely worthy of joining us on tour. We are extremely excited to work with them." Said Lagoona.

"So. The person who will be joining us on tour will be...

Number 50, Denali Foxx." I said.

Denali's jaw hit the floor and she gasped. The other dancers congratulated her before they walked off the stage. We gestured Denali to join us in the audience and we got to talk with her more and properly introduce ourselves.

"Why are you so surprised, Denali? You blew everyone out of the water!" Said Lagoona.
"I- I guess I'm just not super confident. I'm so grateful that you guys have given me this opportunity. I will not let you guys down." She replied, showing off her dimples as she smiled.

Jan and Lagoona decided to go to the bathroom, so Denali and I sat on the stage waiting for them.
"So..." I said.
"So..." she replied.
"Ok. How about we reintroduce ourselves?" I said.
"Reintroduce?" She asked.
"Oh... uh- at the hotel you were umm..."
"I was...?"

"You were crying and struggling with your key card."
Denali facepalmed herself.
"You were the one who helped me?! God- that is so embarrassing! I'm so sorry you had to see and deal with that!" Denali hid her reddened face in her hands as she laughed.
"No! It's cool... why were you crying?" I asked.
"I felt homesick. I really miss Chicago, but being able to go on tour with you will help distract me."

"Going on tour with me will help distract you? I'm flattered." I laughed.
"That's not what I meant."
We laughed and I held my hand out.
"Rosé Child, 25 years old. Pop singer."
She held my hand and shook it.
"Denali Foxx, 24 years old. Professional dancer."

I felt her hand start to slip away, but I held her hand tighter. She laced her fingers into mine and we maintained eye contact with each other, staring deep into each other's eyes.

I didn't know what this feeling was. It was unexplainable but, it felt good. My hands were shaky but I wasn't scared, I liked the feeling of Denali's in mine. It felt like it belonged.