xiv

Denali's POV:
When we arrived, everyone else was already there making conversation and laughing. There were 13 of us so we decided to split into 3 tables.
As I looked around, Rosé gestured me to join her, Lagoona and Jan at their table.

I quickly sat next to Rosé and looked at the menu.
"So Denali, how are you?" Asked Jan as she searched for a meal. "I'm doing as well as I can." I replied slightly glumly. "We saw the article, are you okay?" Asked Lagoona as she poured Rosé and I glasses of water.

"Well, as long as the people I care for believe the truth, that's all that really matters." I said.
"And what would that be?" Smirked Jan.
"That Rosé and I are just friends."

I felt something brush my thigh. I looked down and Rosé's hand was protectively placed on my thigh.
She started to rub my skin and slightly squeeze it. I felt heat rise to my cheeks and covered my red face with the menu. Suddenly Jan and Lagoona started arguing about what to order, I sighed with relief that they were distracted.

I looked at Rosé and she was wearing a smirk. Two can play that game. We all ordered our food and as we waited, I brushed my hand from Rosé's knee to her thigh and I slowly crept my fingers to her inner thigh. She breathed shakily and subtly bit her lip.

"You okay Rosé?" Asked Lagoona.
"Y-yeah! Fantastic!" Replied Rosé.
I giggled and Rosé gave me a death stare.
"Well the food's gonna take a while, text me when it's ready!" Said Jan as she abruptly stood up.
Before we could say anything, Jan had already rushed out the restaurant.
"That- was weird... I'm gonna go check out the other tables." Said Lagoona before she stood up and walked away.

Rosé and I both took a deep breath.
"My god Denali-"
"What? Does this make you feel good?" I said as I squeezed her inner thigh once more.
"You are such a tease." Said Rosé as she played with my hair. I quickly pecked her nose and she gasped.
"In public Ms. Foxx! Sneaky~" she said jokingly.

We laughed for a while, flirted and soon our food had arrived. Lagoona joined the table after mingling with the others and we texted Jan that our food was ready.

Jan ran back to our table. Her hair was slightly messed up and her lipstick was smudged. Jan's hair was also all now pushed to her right shoulder and we all knew why.

"Jan~" Said Lagoona as Jan sat down.
"W-what?" Said Jan out of breath.
Lagoona strategically bumped into Jan and her hair exposed her neck.

A fresh hickey.

"Janice Sport!" Rosé exclaimed jokingly.
"My god-" Said Jan as she flicked her hair to cover her neck once again.
"Who was it?" I asked as I took my plate.
"You guys wouldn't know who she is."
"So she's a she?" I said.
Jan covered her mouth and quickly took her plate and started to eat without another word.

The others and I laughed and we enjoyed our meals. After our dinner, paying and leaving the restaurant, Jan received a call, most likely from her mystery visiter. Lagoona decided to hang out with the others who decided to go to a bar and Rosé and I were left alone.

Rosé's POV:
We stood next to each other, our hands barely touching. I felt Denali's hand slip into mine and we both embraced the moment.

I couldn't resist any longer. I pulled Denali away and pushed her against a wall. She looked deeply into my eyes and caressed my cheeks. I held her waist and pressed my lips against hers. The kiss was passionate and addictive. I didn't want it to stop.

Denali pulled away and started to sensually kiss my neck. Her touch was intoxicating and I wrapped my arms around her body. I turned for second and saw a bright and blinding flash.

"Nali!" She immediately stopped and we both watched someone run away.
"They took a photo of us!" Denali exclaimed. She grabbed my arm and we started to chase the stranger.

The mysterious photographer started to run even faster and we could barely keep up.
"HOW IS THIS PERSON SO FAST?!" Yelled Denali as she began to slow down a bit.
I couldn't keep running. I stopped and gave up.
"I can't- b-breathe..." I sighed.

"Rosie..." said Denali as she wrapped her arms around my waist. I rested my head on her shoulder.
"I'm sorry Nali." I sighed.
"Don't be sorry." She said as she held me tighter.

"I hate that you're being judged just because I can't keep my hands off you." I said as I pulled back and rested my forehead on hers.
She kissed me and looked into my eyes.
"It's okay because I can't keep my hands off of you." She smiled.

We walked back to my apartment and we fell asleep, enjoying these moments before the inevitable backlash we would face in the morning.