Chapter 1: Subway jerk

Hey guys! Here's the first chapter. Hope you like it!

Life is confusing as hell

I could never understand it. The moment you think something's going well, everything collapses around you like you're just an insignificant object stuck in a storm. The moment you think your life is going to go to shit, a ray of hope shines through the empty darkness. It's freaking weird. You could get hit with anything, anywhere and you'd have never seen it coming. But nothing compared to what I got hit with that day.

No literally, I got shoved by someone.

Turns out, that one moment changed my life.

Let me start from the beginning.

***************************************

"Shit, shit shit!" I cursed, trying to pull my boot out of the gross sticky mud. It came out with a weird squelching sound and I kept right on running. The wind was practically in my face and I struggled to move with my bag, and trying to keep my hoodie on. I finally managed to reach the subway and quickly got a ticket. I continued to hurry, otherwise I would miss the next one and officially be late for school. Again.

I leapt like I was freaking Jackie Chan or something, and managed to squeeze past the subway doors just before they shut and skidded to a halt. Panting like crazy, I finally zipped up my bag and tried to straighten myself up. I couldn't see it, but I could tell my hair was a mess. Not the best way to present myself at school, but it'll do. I finally looked up to see an old lady sneering at me in disgust, with her mouth hanging open.

"What, you've never seen a girl trying to get to school before?" I snapped. She shrunk from me a little and wobbled off to go find a seat. Whoops. Probably should have been nicer. Not my fault she's judgy though.

I just stood, using the support from above me. Soon enough I got bored and just started going through my phone. It buzzed with a message from Megan-

"Get ur dumbass here already. I ended up arriving early I'm bored."

Rolling my eyes I texted her back-

"Relax Meg, I'm on the train."

She gave me a thumbs up and I put my phone back in my pocket, waiting impatiently for my stop. When it finally reached, I hastily tried to push through the sea of people to get to the door, until I was pushed into a railing from behind.

Cursing, I turned around ready to yell my head off. "Uh, hello?! Are you blind?"

The guy who bumped into me didn't even give me a second glance. He just ignored me and walked out the door. I couldn't make out his face, all I could tell was that he was wearing a grey sweatshirt and had a tattoo on his arm that read "B4L". Whatever the heck that means. Who on earth would tattoo that on their arm?

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" I yelled over the crowd but he had already vanished. Sighing, I just stepped off the subway and ran to school.

I managed to reach just in time, panting like a dog with my hands on my knees in front of Megan. She just rolled her eyes at me. "Seriously Alex? You've got to learn how to drive."