Chapter 30: Feelings

The next few days were a little chaotic, but it wasn't too bad. Stacy's arm had been treated, and she was doing better, although she would be out of commission for a while. She was one of our best players so I have no idea how semis would actually go. But what matters is that she's fine.

Christmas break had started, but none of my friends were around so I mostly sat at home and watched movies or played games. Nick had called his stupid girlfriend over so many damn times, it was annoying. Both our parents were at home now since it was the holidays, so luckily, I didn't have to see or hear anything disgusting. It also didn't help that she reminded me of stupid Asher everytime I saw her. The two of them are uncanny despite the age difference. She's a literal female version of him.

Today on Christmas eve however, my mom was out working on some charity thing since during the holidays is when most people feel like giving and volunteering. So, she was busy. My dad had gone to visit my grandparents, but both of them would be back by evening. Nick was out with his girlfriend Emma again, so it was just me alone at home binge eating to my heart's content.

I didn't really have any plans today either. I had finished most of my holiday homework out of boredom. I never thought that I'd ever be so bored in my entire life that I would actually do homework. Oh well.

Shawn and I hadn't spoken since the weird moment a few days ago, and I thought about texting him a few times about working on the project or something, but I wasn't sure. It was pretty awkward now, but we've had plenty of awkward moments before. Besides, none of my friends were actually at home for the holidays except him.

Like as if I'd manifested it, my phone lit of with a text from him at that moment. Jeez, it's freaky how that happens.

Shawn: Hey, I'm bored af. Wanna work on the project?

Me: Sure. Wht time?

Shawn: I'm coming over.

Me: What? Now?

Me: Shawn?

This guy really had no limits, did he? I stared around at the living room which was a complete mess with chips and candy wrappers lying all around. Shit.

I cleaned it all up at record speed, and then fixed my hair which I had lazily tied into a messy bun, which had got even messier. I was only in a sports bra, so I pulled on a top over my head right when I heard the doorbell ring.

I walked downstairs and pulled the door open to find Shawn standing there with a dumb grin on his face, and a backpack slung over his right shoulder. He was wearing jeans and Nike air Jordans, along with a leather jacket and white t-shirt that hugged his muscles. He looked freaking hot, and the leather jacket amazingly suited him. His hair was messy in a good way, and I'm sure I was gaping at him until I finally cleared my throat and stepped back to let him in.

"Hi Shawn. I don't see your car; did you walk in this cold?"

"Nope, I took the subway."

He walked into the house and into the living room, dumping his bag on the couch and taking off his jacket, exposing his biceps. Jeez, who wears these kinds of shirts in winter?

"Can I ask why you take the subway? I mean, you've got a freaking Mercedes you don't really need to."

He took out his stuff from his bag, and didn't look at me when he responded. "Yeah well, I don't always feel the need to advertise it. People just tend to think I'm some spoiled rich kid."

"Makes sense."

"I took your advice, and I've been meaning to show you this sketch I drew."

"Sure, what is it?"