Chapter 29: Good luck

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in so long, life has been crazy. I know it's late but Merry Christmas and Happy new year! Hopefully 2022 will be more fun this time. There's no Isabelle in this story, but I like the song up there. It's totally underrated and sounds pretty good. You should listen to it. Anyway, Enjoy!

"Pass it to me Peirce! Over here!"

I stopped dribbling and swivelled around, bouncing it across the floor and passing it to Shawn. Tracy tried to stop him, but she was no match for him and he scored easily.

"Nice! Good basket Hunter! And good assistance Peirce! I'm glad to see you two working well together and not at each other's throats anymore."

"Thanks Coach."

"All right, that's a wrap!"

We all walked back towards the bench, sweaty and tired. Megan and Ezra were sitting there waiting for us, and making out again. In front of both the coaches. Jeez, they haven't slowed down even a bit, but they looked really happy. Kinda made me want to get a boyfriend for a second.

Tyler plopped down on the seat next to me, panting heavily and holding his side, his face grimaced. I was worried. His wound had become better over the last week, but it clearly still caused him a lot of pain and discomfort. Everytime I asked him about it, he could change the topic and refuse to answer. It was annoying.

"Seriously Ty, show that to a doctor."

"I'm fine. I've had worse injuries before."

"Are you kidding? It practically looks like you were stabbed in the side of your gut."

"I'm fine. See?" He stood up and jumped around a bit, trying not to show any pain in his face, but he wasn't fooling me. I sighed. It was no point talking to this guy.

"At least quit the boxing gym? I don't like this one bit."

"What?! No way. That place is my life."

"Atleast take a break till you're better!"

"No way. What will you do if I won't anyway?"

"I'll tell your mother."

His eyes widened; his face struck into a full-blown panic. "No, no! Please don't. Fine, I'll take a break."

"Hey babe." I turned around towards the voice, where Veronica was coming towards us in her cheerleading uniform, clearly on her way back from practice. She pecked Tyler on the lips and smiled at me. "Hey Alex! Did you ask your parents about the lake trip yet?"

"Nope, not yet. I haven't had the chance."

"Seriously? The deadline is tomorrow and then it's Christmas break. It'll be fun to skip out on the dumb school kids. You better show up or I'm going to kill you."

"Relax Ronnie, I'll do it. I'm just focused on the semis right now. The match is tomorrow. I'm super nervous."

"Don't worry, you'll do great. I've seen you play first hand."

"Thanks."

After that I went to the locker room to change and we all went to Loco Latte together. They had some good Friday specials. Yum.

"So, what plans do you guys have for Christmas?" Veronica asked, taking a huge gulp from her vanilla smoothie.

"I'm going to my grandparents place, so I won't be here for a week." Ezra responded. "Yeah, me too, my aunt's place though." Megan said. Tyler and Veronica also had similar plans with their families. I didn't exactly have anything, you know, with my parents and their all out hate for each other and all. Shawn didn't have any plans either, since his dad was going to be working. I felt bad for him, but he didn't seem to mind.