Chapter 17: Shouts and yells

Hey guys, sorry if this chapter is longer than usual. The song up top is a pretty popular mashup, and I love it. Enjoy!

I think I stared at the text for five whole minutes, trying to figure out who it was

I think I stared at the text for five whole minutes, trying to figure out who it was. I'm sorry? How freaking random was that? Maybe somebody accidentally sent it to my number. I was about to turn it off and go to bed, when it buzzed again.

I know u saw this Peirce. Pls reply

So, it wasn't an accident. Then who the hell was it? Somebody just randomly apologized to me. Wait a minute... no way.

Shawn?

Yes.

Oh wow. This was new. What was the jerk face doing texting me at this time of night? To give some stupid apology no less.

How did you get my number?

That's irrelevant. R u going to accept my apology or not?

Hell no. Don't text me again or I'll block u.

I was about to turn off my phone but he texted me again.

Pls Alex. Just hear me out. I've tried to make it right with Kayla, and now with u.

I sighed. No way in hell was I going to give this guy another chance. Giving him one itself was too much. He didn't deserve my forgiveness. He's a total dickhead and always will be. He sent another text.

I know a text seems wary, so atleast cm talk to me in person. U know where I'll be.

And if I don't?

I'll release the video of us dirty dancing at that Halloween party.

Son of a bitch. I would absolutely die if anybody saw that. We were sworn enemies, nothing more. The fact that he's blackmailing me is just proving that he's definitely an asshole.

R u crazy? It's late.

I'm waiting.

Groaning, I forced myself out of bed. Great. Another night with almost no sleep at all. Stupid Shawn Hunter was going to be the death of me.

I changed my clothes and went to sneak out like I usually do, but I was abruptly met with a sleepy Nick in the kitchen drinking water.

"Alex? What are you-? Holy crap, are you sneaking out?

"What? No."

"You're wearing jeans and a coat."

"Fine! But don't tell mom or dad please. Can you cover for me?"

Nick rolled his eyes, drinking his water and putting the glass in the sink. "Only if you cover me the next time I need it."

"Ugh, fine."

Then I ran out the back door. Stupid, annoying and worthless Shawn Hunter. In less that a month, he'd managed to mess up my completely normal life which had minimal drama. For over three years of high school, I'd avoided him. Why did he have to love basketball as well?