Chapter 15: Can't imagine

Sup guys. About the song up top, I like this male upbeat version that's there in this video, better than the original female and slower version of this song , so I just put this edit. The cover may look weird but yeah. Enjoy!

Life can be one messy, shitfaced train ride

Life can be one messy, shitfaced train ride. I swear to god, its like I'm a puppet to the entire universe, and it thinks it would be fun to chuck me off a cliff and see what happens. Accidentally messing up other peoples lives without meaning to, definitely checks off that box.

The next day at school, I didn't see Kayla all day. I was getting worried, who knows what kind of trouble that girl could have gotten into? And it would be completely my fault. I had tried to do the right thing and ended up making everything worse. Go figure.

Then it happened.

Just as the final bell rang, signalling the end of the school day. Everyone piled out of the classrooms, and found a very angry Kayla in the hallway, screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs like a deranged bat.

"Shawn Hunter! Where the fucking hell are you?"

Everybody stopped walking and gaped at her, wondering what the hell was going on. They all started to gather around, waiting to see what would happen.

Shawn emerged from the crowd and walked up to Kayla, a confused look on his face. "Babe? What are you-"

Then she slapped him across the face.

It was like the sound of a gunshot, and you could hear the stinging in the air. The entire crowd gasped, taking out their phones and recording it, unable to tear their eyes away from the scene. I heard my friends run up from behind me, looking at the whole thing in shock.

Shawn held his cheek, his expression changing from confusion to anger. "What the hell?! Why did you just slap me?"

"I trusted you. My friends were right, you really are just a disgusting man whore. Cheating on me with that crazy bitch Katherine White!"

Everybody turned to a Katherine after that, who I recognized as the same girl who was with Shawn that day. Her face turned sheepish, her cheeks a beetroot red.

Shawn still feigned innocence. "What? Babe what are you talking-?"

"Don't call me that!" Kayla shrieked. "I already know what you did, I have evidence!"

Then she held out her phone, showing the picture for everyone to see. Only the people nearby could actually see it, and Shawn most definitely did.

"What the fuck? Are you stalking me you psycho?!"

"No! Peirce sent it to me, you idiot!"

Everyone looked at me after that, confused as to why I would possibly be involved in this drama. I was wondering the exact same thing.

I turned towards Megan, who was looking at me in surprise, her eyes asking a silent question. I turned back to face Shawn, who looked beyond livid. The way he had complete contempt towards me and betrayal in his eyes looked so real, it actually hurt. Even though he was the person in the wrong here.