You're perfect

"Attention passengers, Flight BA143 is now boarding. Please make your way to Gate 99."

Delilah and I just arrived at the airport and I was already a nervous wreck. I gripped the bouquet of flowers in my hand and tried to swallow the lump in my throat. Mia's plane landed about an hour ago so she was due to walk through the doors any minute now.

"Dani, take a deep breath and relax. I can feel the anxiety just radiating off of you," Del whispered beside me.

I tried following her advice, but I couldn't get my body to stop fidgeting but to be fair, it was kind of hard to loosen up when I was going to tell my best friend I've been in love with her forever. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was trying to practice what I would say to her, but then that turned into all of the possible reactions she would have and I started thinking about her rejecting me. By the time my alarm went off this morning, I was even more anxious and I never got to practice what I was going to say.

"Where's Natalie?" I asked trying to distract myself.

Delilah looked around, "I'm not sure, she texted me saying she was on her way when we left this morning." She looked down to check her phone. 

I nodded as my fingers fiddled with the cellophane wrapping the roses I bought on the way here.

"Give me those," she offered, "you're going to ruin them before you have a chance to give it to her," she chuckled.

I shook my head, "I don't know why I'm acting like this."

"Don't downplay this moment and how you feel," Del replied carefully, "I'm not going to say that everything's going to be fine but in the case that it isn't, Natalie and I will be here to help you." She looked around, "if she gets here on time," she mumbled.

I turned to her and gave her a hug, careful not to crush the flowers, "thanks a lot, Del. I really appreciate you saying that."

She wasn't particularly a person who liked hugs but I felt her wrap an arm around my shoulders, "anytime, Dani."

I let go and went to face forward just in time to see Mia walk through the automatic doors. She looked around trying to find me in the crowd waiting for their friends and family as well. For the first time in my life, I was glad that I was invisible because it meant that I could admire Mia. She has always been a pretty girl but she looked jaw-dropping stunning right now and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. 20's were looking good on Mia, really good.

Delilah nudged my shoulder, "go get her."

I nodded and hoped that I wouldn't do anything embarrassing. I made my way to her and when we finally made eye contact, her eyes brightened and a grin was slowly making its way to her face.

"Dani!" she ran the rest of the way to me and jumped into my arms.

I caught and lifted her off the ground, "I can't believe you're finally here," I said into her shoulder. Instead of an answer, she hugged me tighter and even though it was cutting off my air circulation, I didn't care. I could die happily in Mia's arms right now.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you," she said when she pulled away and wiped a tear that fell from her eye.

I laughed, "has travelling made you soft? You never used to cry," I sneakily wiped my own tears from my eyes.

She pushed my shoulder, "shut up, dork." Her eyes widened, "so spill, what's your big news? I've been dying trying to figure it out."

"Here? You want me to say it here?" I asked hoping she didn't hear the panic in my voice.