You add colour to my black and white world

"Is it really necessary that we have to buy something new for your Bachelorette party?" I asked holding the door open for Mia, "and I'm pretty sure I was supposed to plan your party."

She raised an eyebrow at me, "what were you planning?"

I blinked in response, I was actually expecting her to ask me that. I cleared my throat, "a lil bit of this, some of that," I shrugged, "just some fun stuff."

Mia laughed, "you're a terrible liar. I'm sorry I hijacked the best part about being a maid of honour and I don't doubt that you would've thrown an amazing party," she patted my hand, "but you have to admit Prom was pretty fun."

Memories of that night flooded my mind immediately when Mia and I had to admit, that night was perfect. But to be fair, any time spent with Mia was perfect to me.

Mia nudged my side, "this is the part where you say you had an amazing time as my date."

I put a finger on my chin and looked up thoughtfully, "I distinctly remember you falling on me after I told you multiple times to get off the ledge you were walking on."

Mia rolled her eyes, "of course that's the only thing you'd remember from that night."

What Mia didn't know was that for a long time, I relived that night in my dreams before going to sleep.

"Welcome, ladies," a smiling woman greeted us, "what can I do for you today?"

"We're looking for a cocktail dress and a bridesmaid dress today."

The woman nodded, "right this way, please," she gestured with her hand and brought us into a room full of dresses. "If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask."

I nodded in response and started thumbing through all the hangers, "whoa, this is actually kind of nostalgic," I chuckled remembering when Aunt Jess took me shopping, except this time it was for Mia's wedding.

She giggled, "and this is just the beginning. I know the bride's only supposed to celebrate the bachelorette party with her bridesmaids but I thought I'd open it up to more people."

I looked up from the rack," who did you invite?"

"Our high school graduating class, plus our brothers," she smiled, 'it'll be like old times."

I suppressed a groan, here I thought it was just going to be a party but now it looks like it'll be a high school reunion. "I was really looking forward to not seeing anyone from high school ever after graduation."

Mia laughed, "which I don't understand why because don't you want to show everyone how hot you've gotten? I mean, not that you weren't attractive back in high school, but you're definitely rocking your 20's."

I waved an accusing finger at her, "you almost had me in the first half, Mia but now I know you're lying when you said I was attractive in high school."

Mia rolled her eyes, "it's so insulting that you're calling me a liar but I know a couple of people in high school that had a crush on you," she replied nonchalantly.

I frowned, "who?" Other than Natalie, this is the first time I've heard of someone having a crush on me back in high school.

"Well, for one there's my brother."

Okay, so two people. "Omg, I totally forgot that happened," my eyes went wide, "did he tell you when he told me he liked me I told him I was a lesbian and threw up on his shoes?"

"He did not!" she laughed, "he didn't even tell me he liked you, I kind of saw it on his face whenever you were around and put the pieces together."