Nothing else exists when I'm with you

"Dani," my boss knocked on my desk, "I got your request for time off." He smiled, "I won't lie, I almost fell backwards when it came up in my email. You never take time off."

"Yeah, my best friend's getting married in a couple of weeks," I chuckled.

"They must be really important because you don't take time off for anything or anyone."

I heard Delilah clear her throat loudly.

"Oh Delilah, I noticed you booked a day off as well," he looked past me.

"I'm going to the same wedding," she laughed.

"I need to talk to this person," he chuckled, "they're taking my two most valuable employees." He gave my desk another knock, "have a good night ladies."

I waited a couple more seconds after he left before I started to pack up myself, "hey Del, I have to go out with Mia again."

"But me, you, and Nat were supposed to hang out tonight," she whined.

I grinned, "you guys hang out, not like you haven't been spending time together without me anyway." I fished inside my bag for my house keys and tossed it at her.

"Oh, I actually remembered to bring my keys today," she threw them back at me.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "who are you and what have you done to my best friend?"

She shut her computer off and nudged my shoulder on her way out, "don't act like I'm not responsible."

"You're not, I have to talk you out of impulse purchases all the time."

She wrinkled her nose, "at least I didn't almost burn down our apartment." She hit the button to the elevator and we waited in front of the doors.

"Who almost burned down your apartment?" Natalie pulled up beside us.

"Dani did," Del replied.

"That wasn't me! I told you it was Mia!" I protested but it looked like Natalie believed Del.

Del patted my arm, "if blaming other people will help you on your road to acceptance then so be it."

I waved her hand away from me, "sometimes I wonder why we're friends," I mumbled.

Del flashed me her biggest smile while Natalie tried to hide hers.

The elevator doors opened and we all stepped in, "thank God this day's over," Natalie sighed, "I need food and copious amounts of chocolate."

I laughed, "do you want to take my place tonight? There's only so many cake flavors a person can eat."

She frowned, "are you not coming out with us tonight?"

"Sorry," I shook my head, "apparently Mia really cares about my opinion about her wedding," I chuckled.

I thought I saw worry in her eyes for a second before she turned to look at Del, "that's alright, we can still have fun without her, right?"

Del had a tight smile on her face, "yeah, screw Dani."

We hit the ground floor and the doors opened, "really feeling the love, guys." We walked all together up until we got to the front of the building, "I promise I won't cancel next time and first round of drinks will be on me," I said to Natalie who just laughed it off.

"Have fun you guys!" I yelled out loud on purpose to try and embarrass them. From the look on Del's face, it worked.

Just as I walked through the sliding doors, Mia pulled up to the curb. She opened her door and ran around the car to open mine, "your chariot awaits, mi'lady," she bowed with an open palm.