Think before you talk

I thought maybe I was hearing things. Chris didn't just tell me he got me pregnant on purpose. I don't think he's that crazy. Looking up from my plate he had a smug look come across face.

"Wait, what did you just say?".

"I said I want a field of kids and if it takes me to get you pregnant like you were with Greyson then it'll happen".

"So you're saying you planned in your head to get me pregnant?!".

"Yeah, ok" as he shrugged.

I couldn't believe he was even saying this to me.

"So you're saying you purposely got me pregnant?".

"I wouldn't use the word... purposely".

"I don't like you right now" as I aggressively got up throwing my napkin at his face.

"L, come on... I'm sorry".

"Don't talk to me, I guess our love isn't real. It's all pretend to you!".

"Our love is real, that's why I want you to be my wife".

"Go fuck yourself, Chris!" As I walk into the bedroom and close the door locking it behind me. I was so upset that he would even tell me that.

I was beyond furious, I mean how dare he I couldn't believe my ears. I picked up Greyson who cooed at me. I snuggled with him just telling him how much I loved him.

"L, open the door!" As he yelled.

"No go away".

"Come on don't be like this".

"GO away!".

"I'm not leaving until you open the door".

"Well I guess you're sleeping on the couch".

"You got to be kidding me!".

"I'm being serious".

He knew he fucked up by opening his mouth. Don't come apologizing to me now. I was just so mad and seeing his face would just make it worst.

It was just Greyson and I in my bed cuddling. The love I had for this little boy was amazing. I started humming a lullaby to put him to sleep.

Once he was fast asleep I put him in his bassinet next to my bedside. That's when I was going to go check up on Chris but I changed my mind. But I did unlock the room door before I fell asleep.

The next morning, I felt a strong heavy arm holding me tight. I moved a little as the arms grip was tighter.

"Who let you back in the bed?".

"Good morning to you too".

"Right".

"Look I'm very sorry I said that, I should've never said what I said and I love you and Greyson. You're my family and if I lose you guys I have no one" as he hugged me.

"Next time think before you talk".

"And whenever you're ready to have kids then that's when we will try".

"Don't you know I always win".

"I know that now, but whenever we fight can we just talk it out?. I hate letting it linger".

"That's something I will have to get used to doing".

"Love you and Greyson".

"Love you more and forever. And I love that your mine" as he kissed me.

--------------

The morning after our quarrel I do have to say Chris was being very apologetic. I mean we hardly ever fight and I try not to only because when I get upset I get mad.

I don't think he was ready for that battle last night. But what he said to me was lingering in my head. I know he meant it but I'll just bring that up on another occasion.

Walking to the kitchen I see a dozen red roses in a vase with a red ribbon tied around it. I smiled to myself and picked up the little note card.

"I'm sorry about last night. I hope we never fight like that again. I love you too much for that to happen".

Hubby xoxo

I smelled the flowers and then put them on the mantel in the living room.

Greyson has become clingy to me so now I use that wrap so that way I don't have to carry him he's snugged against me at all times.

I heard the keys in door and knew it was Chris.

"Hey".

"Hey".

"I see you got the flowers".

"Yeah they're beautiful, thank you".

"You're welcome. Listen what I said last night--".

"I'm over it we said what we had too last night. It's a new day" as I cut him off.

"I love you, London. I couldn't see myself with anyone else" as he came up to me and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too, let's try and not fight if one of us has a problem let's try and talk it out like civil people" as I looked up at him.

"Deal" as he kissed me.

This will definitely be a tough journey but we're determined to come out on top together.