Thanksgiving

London POV

I think my job is the only place that's open during the holidays. I didn't mind since my family live in an another state so thanksgiving I didn't normally celebrate.

Things with Chris calmed down alot. His witch of a girlfriend is clinging on to him like white on rice. I'm just trying to forget and move on with my life.

Sitting at my desk bored just waiting for my day to be up so I can go home. I see Chris approaching my desk...

"L, happy thanksgiving what's your plans today?"

"I don't celebrate this particular holiday"

"And why is that?"

"Well my parents live in Atlanta, so usually I would be at their house if I still lived there" playing with my hair.

"That's too bad, but if you want you can accompany me to my parents house".

"Isn't that what Julie is for?".

"Well she's with her family, she doesn't like to compromise".

"So what am I second best?".

"Not at all I just will feel awful knowing you'll be by yourself when you can be with fun people",

"I'll think about it and let you know".

"Okay but by 2pm I need an answer".

Great wouldn't that be awkward that he brings me instead of his girlfriend. I mean I've seen his mother a couple of times but never spoken to her. Maybe I should go what do I have to lose right.

-----------------------------

The clock strikes 2, I heard Chris come out his office and look at me. I nodded and he smiled big. He walked back in his office and I sat there hoping I could go home and change.

I stood up about to exit my office with Chris grabbed my arm...

"Ready?"

"Oh I thought I had time to change".

"You look great no need to go change".

"Oh then I guess I'm ready".

"Good I'll drive since it's an hour ride".

"An hour?, Where do your parents live?"

"Upstate New York".

"Where?".

"Carmel".

"Yeah that's far".

In the car it was just silence. I just looked out the window as the scenery has changed little by little. I never been out of the city. Growing up in Atlanta it was different than New York in a lot of ways. in my deep thought I started to hear my name being called. I snapped out if it and looked at Chris.

"Are you okay?".

"Uh yeah just zoned out for a minute there".

"The scenery will do that to you".

"Are we close?".

"Almost there, when was the last time you celebrated thanksgiving?".

"Probably 3 years ago".

"So this whole time you were alone?".

"Yeah it's not a big deal".

"L, I'm very family oriented I just don't think someone should be alone during the holidays".

"Chris, I'm sorry to be your dream buster but there's million of people who have no family or no shelter who are alone".

"See your going to make me start picking up people to bring them to my parents home".

"I'm just saying you can't force someone to celebrate a holiday cause you feel it's not normal not to".

"I can do whatever I want".

"Whatever".

---------------------

I felt the car stop and seen this small cute one level home. There was a small garden to the left on the house. I could tell they kept the house up to part. I started walking along the stones leading up to the front door. Chris looked at me as he opened the door.

His mother was the first to greet him. She was a small woman, but very loud. She looked over at me and said "new girlfriend she's very pretty" as she hugged me. I didn't hear Chris correct her, I blushed and slowly walked in more.

I could tell this was going to be a long day...