The Ultimatum

Eleniel thought that this part of her life was behind her. Guess not.

Things are about to get intense so good luck with that lol

"Elvish"

******

"Eleniel."

"Eleniel, come to us dear one."

Eleniel startled awake, the wet floor of a forest greeting her as she sat up. Why is she back here? she wondered. What do they want? Swiftly putting her sword back into its sheath. Looking down at herself, she realized that she was no longer wearing the nightgown she had worn to bed but instead she wore a dress of brilliant blues and silver. It was beautiful but, she still did not know why she was there.

"My Lords and Ladies," she greeted them with a curtsey although the confusion still showed on her face. "Why have you summoned me?"

Manwë was the one who answered her. "We have come with a warning," the King of the Valar said. "Your plan, while good, will not work."

"It seems Sauron will not be so easily dealt with. He knows that his Ring is out there and he will not be so easily distracted from his task of finding it."

She was dumbfounded. She was so sure that their plan would work. Sauron had never been able to resist a challenge especially one issued by one as strong and powerful as Aragorn. That meant that Frodo and Sam would still be in danger. Why did it always feel like they were always getting pushed back? Two steps forward, only to have to take five steps back.

"You must go to him."

WHAT?

WHAT DID THIS MAN SAY?

SURELY HE DIDN'T MEAN FOR HER TO ACTUALLY GO TO SAURON?!?

Eleniel immediately started laughing, thinking that the King of the Valar was joking but when no one else laughed with her, she stopped. Looking at them all, she only saw the seriousness on their faces. Her face contorted in rage as she looked at the fourteen of them. The female Ainur all at least looked a little saddened for her while the males only looked blank.

"Are you out of your mind?" she said, looking Manwë dead in the eyes, her anger clearly shown on her face. "First you warn me against him and now, you want me to join him?"

"No, not join him," Varda said, cutting her husband off before he could say anything to the elleth in front of them. "But he needs to be successfully distracted in order to give the Ring Bearer and his companions a chance."

"You can give them that chance."

Eleniel merely stood in front of them with her eyes trained onto the wet forest floor. She was so sick of everything. She was sick and she was tired. Why didn't they see that? She just wanted to rest. She just wanted to finally live her life.

"Firstly, his name is Frodo, not 'the Ringbearer' and secondly, I am so tired," Eleniel replied, a tired sigh falling from her rosy red lips. "I just want this all to be over."

Varda slowly approached the distraught elf, the other female members of the Valar at her side. "And Frodo will see it so but, he will not make it to the mountain if you do not do this."

Nienna spoke up, "You know him. You truly know him. Deep down, he will never harm you."

"All he has ever wanted was to have you by his side," she told the she-elf, dredging old, painful memories from her mind.