The Alandil

Isengard and Saruman had suffered for their actions. The Ents laid siege to the Tower, decimating the Wizards land and his orc servants. The water from the dam now covered every piece of land in sight, washing the filth of Isengard away as Treebeard said.

The Hobbits were currently raiding Saruman's pantry, finding more food than they have had since leaving the Shire. They sat along the outskirts of Isengard, smoking their pipes and munching on fruit and meat. They were talking when Treebeard came to them with the other Ents, a passive expression on their faces.

"Come Little Hobbits," He said to them. "It is time to do what Miss Eleniel has asked of you both." The Hobbits stood immediately, anxiousness written clearly on both of their faces. The two of them stepped onto Treebeard's hand as he lifted them and placed them neatly upon his shoulder. The Hobbits sat immediately, their sides pressed against Treebeard's neck.

The Hobbits watched fascinated as the Ents formed almost a protective circle around them, their eyes forever on their surroundings. They soon set off, to where, the Hobbits did not know but they trusted Lee and the Ents so they sat prettily next to each other pointing at the various things they could see from on the Ents shoulder and laughing amongst themselves.

Their energy however could not last forever and after about an hour or two, they fell asleep cuddled up to Treebeard and each other. They startled awake when they heard the deep, groaning voice of Treebeard trying to wake them. "Time to get up Hobbits," the tree said as they rubbed the sleep from their eyes. "We have arrived."

Looking around, the Hobbits found themselves in a beautiful clearing in what they thought was Fangorn Forest but they were not sure as the trees looked different. The grass seemed greener and the flowers actually looked like they were alive. In the middle of the clearing sat a single tree, its trunk thick, with roots that looked as if it reached deep into the very core of Middle Earth. The light of the sun filtered through the clearing, making the area seem almost ethereal and picturesque.

"Wow!" Pippin exclaimed, looking around with awe filled eyes and a bright smile on his face, Merry was pretty much the same. The Ents had proud looks on their faces as they saw the awe and amazement on the Hobbits faces. "What is this place Treebeard?"

The Ent looked at them with a bright before looking around the clearing. "This is the Alandil." He announces to them with a bright smile.

"Alandil? Lover of Trees or Tree-friend?" Merry roughly translated with a sceptical look on his face as if he thought he was wrong. The Ents looked at him with bright smiles on their faces before nodding their agreement.

"Yes. Named in honour of the great friend that Miss Eleniel has been to us Ents for many years and also named for the ones who protect the Alandil." Treebeard smiled widely as he looked around at the trees surrounding the beautiful clearing.

The Hobbits looked confused when Pippin turned to Merry and asked, "What do you suppose that means?" Merry shrugged his shoulders to show he didn't understand what the Ent was on about either.

"This place is guarded by those most precious to all Ents; the Entwives." Treebeard told them, an almost tearful smile upon his face. Merry was confused, so was Pippin it seemed. "But that cant be right. You said that you didn't know where the Entwives went?" Pippin demanded to know from the Ent, not understanding anything at all. Treebeard nodded his head in thought before telling them that he'd lied to them to protect the Alandil. No one in all of Middle Earth has known where the Entwives had gone except for the remaining Ents and Eleniel.

Merry and Pippin gasped before dramatically clinging to each other exclaiming about how their friendship with Treebeard was over. "Friends don't lie to friends, Treebeard." Pippin said while wiping the fake tears that were running down his cheeks while Merry clutched his right hand, exclaiming how he didn't know how he could go on. The Ent just thought about how dramatic they were.