Her Downfall

Ok so we're going back some chapters to when Eleniel died so don't get confused lol. Also prepare for some stuff and crying....

"Elvish"

******

Eleniel was dead, that much she knew. She could remember Frodo and Sam and the others. She could remember the Uruk-hai and beating them but she didn't kill one of them. That would be her mistake. That one Uruk-hai would be her downfall. She remembered blood, arrows, the cries of Sam and Frodo, she hated that she had made them watch her die and Estel, she had left him when he needed her the most. Now that she was parted from him, all she could feel was love and grief.

It was at that moment that she realised that he wasn't just a dear friend to her. He wasn't just the man that knew her deepest secrets. He wasn't just her best friend. He was her love. I loved him is all she thought as she cautiously opened her now teary eyes and found herself lying on the floor of the clearing in Valinor where she had met the Valar. The trees and flowers witnessed her tears and sadness as she thought of her lost love. The path between life and death separating them forever. She had loved him and not just that kind of love that someone felt for a close friend. The kind where you wanted to spend the rest of your life with that someone. The kind where if you were parted then you wouldn't have the will to go on without them. To grow together, have children, build a life around each other.

How could she have been so blind? She knew that she had felt something for him, why else would she have given him her pendant but to know that she had loved him and now could not tell him or be with him at least once, hurt. It hurt more than her death for the arrows killed her physical body but being without Estel killed her heart and soul.

Eleniel cried for what felt like hours. She cried for her friends. She cried for her family. She cried for her people. She cried for Estel. She cried....for her failed quest.

"Do not cry my child," A feminine voice told her before a soft hand brushed her tears away, surprising her as she did not hear anyone approach. "This is not the end."

Eleniel opened her eyes to see Varda and Manwë stood in front of her, the rest of the Valar standing a few feet behind them. They smiled sadly at her, one which she could not look at. She didn't need their pity, she had enough for herself. "My Lords and Ladies, it seems that you have picked the wrong person for this quest," she told them. "I have failed."

Soon she found herself surrounded by all the Valar, each of them smiling at her although it was tinged with a small amount of sadness. Irmo was the one to spoke for them. "I have seen many things my child," the Lord of Dreams and Visions told her. "It was not your destiny to defeat Melkor and his servants, it never was."

Eleniel was shocked. What did that even mean? That was not what they had said all that time ago. Her destiny was to fight and defeat him and defeat him she had not before dying. "I don't understand. I thought that this was my destiny, my path that I had to walk in order to defeat Melkor's servants."

"And walk your path you did my child," Irmo said to her while she vehemently tried to understand what was going on and why she felt like everyone was speaking in tongues for some reason. "Your destiny was never to defeat Sauron for Melkor only survives because of him, that path lies with another; the Hobbit, Frodo Baggins but because of you, he shall never be corrupted by the Ring. Without you he would have fallen to its power long ago, all of Arda swept with him. Boromir, son of Denethor would have tried to take the Ring and died. Aragorn, son of Arathorn would not have taken back Gondor, the White City and the descendants of Númenor would pass into legend."