Where She Belonged

"Elvish"

******

Peregrin Took knew what the other Hobbits of the Shire thought of him. Reckless, stupid and just plain trouble but even though it hurt when the Hobbits back home would put him down, tease him and other things except for Merry, Sam and Frodo, he was not stupid. There was something about Eleniel. Something off though not a bad, working for Sauron off, more like a I know something you don't off or I'm not as innocent as I look off. Pippin also didn't miss the white light that emitted from her hands when she was healing Merry when they had first met. At first he was going to tell Aragorn and the others that she was doing something to Merry but once he saw his wound become better, he knew she wasn't evil nor would she harm them.

He also could feel it. Her aura, her magic. Hobbits naturally felt closer to nature more than the other races of Middle Earth but Eleniel, it was almost as if nature was apart of her. It was like Yavanna's garden was in tune with her. Sometimes he could feel the forest around them shift as her mood did. The Forest of Lothlórien was already quite beautiful but he had never seen it glow or be more beautiful than when Eleniel was laughing and smiling with the Fellowship. He wondered why she and Gandalf were so different. Nature didn't shift with the moods of Gandalf and he most definitely was not in tune with the very earth so what made her different?

He was going to ask her but decided against it. It obviously was not something that she wanted the others to know and even though Boromir was friendlier with her now, Pippin could not forget the constant suspicion in the mans gaze whenever he looked at her.

"Have you noticed anything about Eleniel?" Pippin found himself asking Frodo, Merry and Pippin. The Hobbits had decided to spend their day with Merry in the Healing House. His shoulder wound was fine now and after staying in Caras Galadhon for two weeks, he was now able to move his right arm without feeling any pain.

The other Hobbits exchanged glances before looking back at their friend. "What do you mean Pip?" They asked him inquisitively. He merely shrugged his shoulders before answering, "Whenever she's happy or joyful, it's like the whole of Middle Earth lights up. The plants and trees become more lively as do the animals and the breeze. It's like she's apart of its very being."

Merry and Sam were looking at him like he was crazy while Frodo looked mostly thoughtful before nodding his head. "I-I have noticed that it seems like the forest responds to her." He replied making Pip smile and Merry and Sam to look at both of them inquisitively before shrugging their shoulders, just accepting whatever it was they were going on about. They all silently agreed that they would watch Eleniel more closely and it seemed their opportunity came running towards them as the very subject of their conversation came into the room with a huge smile on her face.

"Merry, you're awake! I came to see you this morning but you looked tired so I didn't want to wake you." she ran over to him with a bright smile on her face and greeted him with a hug. "How are you my friend? My niece said that you shall be moving to where the Fellowship are staying now since your wound is much better now."

The Hobbits were staring at her in awe as they saw the apparent glow around her body and felt the change in breeze. The Healing House which wasn't really a house had a view that went straight outside and they could see and feel as the flowers and grass actually seemed to brighten and sway with the breeze. Their gazes shot from the now confused Eleniel and outside several times. Eleniel looked outside to see whatever it was that they were looking at but only found the forest making her even more confused.

She reached her hand out to each of the Hobbits foreheads to see if they were feeling a little hot but found nothing wrong with them. "Are you okay my friends? Maybe I should send for the healer."