seventeen

After Liam and I make up, we roam around the lower class village for a while. It was actually really fascinating; many blacksmiths and glass art was for sale, as well as fresh vegetables and fruits. Kids played in the sand, adults sat at the restaurant patios and mingled as watched their children talk and play with others.

"Lower class village isn't so bad, is it, huh Princess?" Liam asks.

"I never said it was bad!" I defend.

He laughs and our arms snake together as we walk along. "How is your father?"

"I do not know, I haven't spoken to him."

"Liam!" I remark.

"Diana, I am only speaking the truth." He says. "Anyway, it doesn't matter. It happens quite often, and I'm alright with that."

I sigh and look into his eyes. "Liam, that's not alright!"

"And when was the last time you had a proper conversation with your parents, and not just small talk?" Liam questions.

"Alright, alright, I get it. It's normal for children to talk to their parents." I reply and Liam laughs.

"You know, Diana, you're right!" He responds sarcastically.

"No need for that tone, sir. Have you forgotten who you are speaking to?"

"Oh bah! You don't even like being a princess." He practically yells and I have to cover his mouth.

"I cannot have you risking my identity, stable boy." I tell him.

"Damn, that was kind of hot." Liam says.

I roll my eyes. "Stop being such a boy. Keep it in your pants, Willy."

"Calling me Willy is such a turn off." He says. "Which is exactly why you did it." He nods.

I laugh and we stop at a tree which offered a nice amount of shade for both of us. We sit there for a while, just standing and staring at one another. My hands are in Liam's, and he is smiling kind of lightly, as if he wasn't trying to make it obvious. I look into his eyes; the brown color of his irises practically melting into flecks of honey and amber, and I feel my knees beginning to weakening.

I was such a girl.

"You know what, Princess Diana?" Liam asks, breaking the silence.

"What's that?"

"Your eyes look exceptionally green underneath this shady tree." He tells me.

"That may have to do with the green reflecting on my eyeballs." I giggle.

"Sassy, I see. Is the princess getting an attitude?" He asks.

"I just speak the truth, William." I say before turning and walking away.

He chases after me and wraps his arms around my waist. "Don't walk away from me, Princess." He practically growls.

I laugh, "Watch me." I say, squirming from his grasp and running off.

+

Back at the stables, Delaney and Julian are at the stables and watching Cocoa and her foal roam around the fenced in free space. Delaney is beginning to show and she's leaning her head on Julian's shoulder and his arm is wrapped around her back. Liam and I show up holding hands and out of breath from running so fast, but he wanted to get back as did I.

Delaney turns around and looks at the both of us and walks towards me. "Mum said she'd like to speak with both of us as soon as you got back. Are you ready?" She says, her voice harsh and monotone like.