~In The Cold Winter~

Sequel to: On A Summer Night

Note: Whoops, it's not a sequel with smut, The plot got too drawn out ashdflkjhl, oh well. For sure though, if I make another part to this, it'll have sexy times.... hopefully

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long gone was that warm summer night that you saw Keigo in your little garden of fruit trees and bird boxes. Instead, warmth grew from the hearth that often needed cleaning from all the ashes that scattered about, and the sweet drinks spiked with spirits you made daily.

Since the warmer days, Keigo's power and connection with you grew. Before, you could only feel just the faintest of touches. Now, you could hear baritone chuckles, see the fluttering of scarlet feathers, feel soft kisses, and sense his presence in both your conscious and unconscious state.

Though you were happy with the steady progress made for you to finally see the incubus, you wanted more.

You wanted to talk with him, laugh with him, actually see him.

Feel him.

Kiss him.

You shuffled uncomfortably at your last few thoughts, acutely aware that Keigo was in the same room with you, privy to what you were feeling considering the kind of entity he was.

It was no lie to say that you had slowly grown out of simple fascination for the entity and fell headfirst into a great infatuation for him. To most, it would be an odd thing to feel love and attachment for the incubus, but to you, it felt like the most natural thing ever.

You craved the warmth he would give up when his presence entered the same room as you, and he was more than willing to indulge you in it.

Keigo—or Hawks as he was known to those not privy to his real name—chuckled deeply as he felt your arousal tainting your thoughts. The incubus thought it was so cute how embarrassed you got thinking just about something as innocent as kissing him.

The golden eyed incubus had been biding his time until the day you needed him the most, and he could feel that it was coming closer and closer.

Soon, he would finally take you as his mate and lover.

Soon will the day come to fulfill your fantasy of finally seeing him again.

The land across your little cottage seemed to have fallen into a chilly hush as snow began to build up in your garden.

In your worry for the birds that have taken refuge in the bird boxes, you ventured outside to add some insulation around the little houses so as to keep your little friends safe and warm during the unforgiving and cold night.

You could've sworn you heard a sort of unapproving noise as you slid on your thickest jacket, but ignored it in favor of tending to the birds.

By the time you made it back into the safety of your home, you were sure that your fingers and face were frozen numb.

Your teeth couldn't stop chattering even as you huddled by the fireplace, warm drink in hand. It seemed that the cold would be especially harsh tonight.

"A-are you th-there, Keigo...?" You asked through your chattering.

Red wings appeared very briefly in your periphery.

"Do y-you get cold l-like us hu... humans...?" You paused. "W-well, if y-you're an incubus, p-probably not..." You sipped your drink in hope of warming yourself. Although it did very briefly, the cold just as quickly returned.