Chapter 17

I like you

Haewon layed on her bed blankly staring at her phone's clock.It was 11am.Both worry and excitement built up inside her as there were barely 30 minutes until Jungwon arrived at her house.Her parents had gone out with her little brother, shopping for a new skateboard as he broke his board a few days ago, meaning the two would be alone.
Laying down she chuckles to herself regretting her decision to confess, too late to back away now.
A promise is a promise even if it's to yourself.Haewon slowly walked downstairs to grab a quick snack but her trip to the spacious kitchen was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.
She headed to open the door for her dear friend who patiently waited outside.

As she opened the door she saw Jungwon with a rose in his hand, dresses nicely, his hair styled unlike most times they hung out.
"Hello Haewonie" he greeted the girl with a smile exposing his dimples.
"Hello,you are early." she greeted back,looking at her phone seeing it was 11:15.
"I know..."Jungwon smiles sheepishly
"that's for you" He continues ,handing Haewon the beautiful red rose. "It's beautiful" she gasps while looking at the red flower.
"Where are your parents?" Jungwon questioned noticing how quiet the house was. "They went shopping with Doyoung, thell be back in about an hour" The girl says , walking towards the living room, her friend trailing behind.

Both sit on the couch wondering what could they do, but nothing came up.
The awkward silence was suffocating both of them until Jungwon finally spoke up "wanna play games?I brought my laptop" He points to his backpack that stood on one of the armchairs.
Haewon agreed and both of them headed upstairs to her room.

He layed down on her bed setting up his laptop while she sat on her desk looking through the many games installed on the computer.
"What do you want to play?" She asked while he was still opening his laptop.
"You said you played league?If you want to we can try that" he suggests earning a chuckle from Haewon.
"I thought you hated that game?"
"Well you like it, so I'll give it another try" He says, scratching the back of his neck.
"As you say, you'll support me tho" The girl said with a smile, exited to play with Jungwon.

Hours went by in games,Haewon's parents had already come back , but chose not to disturb the two teens, while Doyoung thought quite the opposite, often disturbing the two by bursting in the room trying to get Jungwon's attention as much possible.

"9 losses 3 wins... That's sad" Jungwon sighed, looking at his match history.
"We suck" The girl joked from across the room, turning off her PC.
"Nah it's just you that sucked" The idol laying on the bed fired back, not taking the blame."ME? I COULD NEVER!" Haewon sarcastically responded while throwing herself on the bed beside Jungwon."Jeez it's almost 3pm, wanna hang arond the neighborhood, I need fresh air" She continued, looking at her phone. Jungwon in dire need of fresh air as well immediately agreed.

Going down the stairs they were met by Haewon's father who couldn't wait to meet the young boy.
"Hello Mr.Lee" Jungwon bowed upon seeing the man."Hello Jungwon, it's my pleasure to meet you I've heard a lot about you from my wife. " Mr.Lee says with a genuine smile."Are you going somewhere kids?" He questioned seeing that the two were putting their shoes on."No dad I'm just putting my shoes on for fun." Haewon sarcastically says while tying her shoelaces."Don't talk to me like that!" He says with furrowed eyebrows."I told you,you are not aloud to go in public with idols" he continues, demanding the two to stay home.
"We are just going around the neighborhood, plus he is wearing a mask AND a bucket hat" the girl points to Jungwon, who awkward stood to the side."You have an hour and a half AT MOST, now go" The father says before turning around and heading up the stairs.

"Your father is scary" Jungwon mumbles as they walk out of the house "He just wants to scare you, don't play attention to him." Haewon responds, heading towards the nearby park.

Walking by a small lake the two sat on a bench r8ght up it's shore.The coldness has made both their noses a bright red color.As they talked the boy saw how Haewon desperately tried to hide her freezing hands in the sleeves of her hoodie.
A wave of confidence hit him as he slowly took one of her hands.
"Wow you are feeezing" he said not expecting her to he that cold. "Here let me hold your hands in my sweater" he smiled, exposint his cute dimples.
Taking her hands in his he covered both of them by his thick sweater, that Jake gifted him a while ago.
Haewon even redder than before couldn't help buy smile at his cuteness.
"Thanks" she mumbled, continuing to stare at the peaceful lake.

-should I tell him now?- 
She thought while lightly squeezing his hands, feeling the warmth.
He thought the absolute same.
-is that the right moment?-
-we are alone, maybe I should go for it-
-why am I so scared, damn I am a loser-

They sat in silence, the wind and the water were the only noises around them.

"I need to tell you something" Jungwon spoke up first."Oh, what's wrong?" Haewon questioned.Holding her hands thight he avoided her gaze,instead of looking at her pretty face, he looked at the water.He couldn't look at her now, it would make it a lot harder to tell what he feels.
"You know, it's not that long I've known you for but we've grown really close, and I can't imagine not knowing you"  The says, taking a deep breath.
Now facing the girl he sees how wide her eyes were and her slightly parted lips.

"What I am trying to say is..." He pauses for second, letting go of her hands.
"I like you..."

_______________

And I oop 👀