𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

// TW: Burns, explosions, blood, abuse(?), angst, lol obviously

--

The blondes made their way back home.

With high spirits after a few more flights, chirping and yelling in each others faces, mostly Tommy, about how great having the power of flight really is.

Tommy hasn't smiled, laughed, and had that much fun in a while. It was nice. Maybe these wings dragging off of his back weren't the worst thing that's ever happened to him, considering his experiences with them.

Their damp shoes scraped against the wet blades of grass as they made their way back into the tundra they call home, calm rain falling over their heads. The droplets of rain making noise as they hit Phils hat, calm.

--

"G'night Dad." Tommy waved, other hand grabbing the doorknob gently.

"Goodnight Tommy."

A hard lump filled Phils throat as his youngest son closed the bedroom door for the night.

He's glad Tommy's back.

--

Tommy then entered into his warm sheets, they were soft. Tranquil. They felt safe.

His blankets hugged him warmly as Tommy difted off into still, calm sleep. Nothing in the world could touch him, not anymore.

Not with his family surrounding him. They'd protect him.

Right?

--

Cold wind grazed Tommys cheek, face resting on wet grass. The world blurry. Head spinning.

He opened his eyes to see a cliff, lighting hitting the distance with a powerful rumble.

But not the soft, endearing one of his father's training grounds.

It was sharp, dark, and it looked like the land was ripped apart. Heavy rain hitting the waves that were crashing into the cliff, Tommy was soaking, he shivered.

"Where-" Tommy whispered to himself in disbelief, where is he?

The blonde sat up, but his wings should have moved slightly by themselves naturally, yet they felt restricted. Uncomfortable.

He snapped his neck around, rope was tightly bound over the teens wings. His breathing hitched in his throat.

The rope was so tight he could feel his own pulse going through the extensions, it was starting to get painful.

Tommy searched around rapidly, blue irises studying his surroundings. His eyes came across a man walking towards him in a dark cloak, he couldn't make out his face just yet.

"Well well."

That voice.

"Looks like your little game of hide and seek is over, Tommy."

"Because i've found you."

He didn't have a face. He had a porcelain mask. The mask was giggling at him.

Tommy backed away, standing up slowly.

"You know," Dream started

"I was starting to lose hope, about y'know, finding you."

"But here we are."

"How the fuck did you find me? I was hidden!" Tommys voice cracked slightly from nerves, exiles memories rushing back to him.

"I have my ways."

Dream loomed over Tommy, axe in one hand, the other going out to the avian, grabbing one of his feathers and ripping it out harshly, making Tommy wince.

"When did you grow these by the way? Whenever I stopped visiting?"

...

...Silence.

"Hm." Dream threw the feather away from his black gloved fingertips, the rasping wind carrying it away.

"Well, I'm gunna cut them off. Can't have you flying away on me." You could hear the smile in his voice, Tommy went pale.

"You can't-"

"Oh I think you'll find that I can, and will Tommy. I have got an axe right here to be fair." The masked man waved the shining netherite axe in the teens face, rain bouncing off of its enchantments.

Is this amusing to him?

The teen went to go speak to Dream again but was quickly cut off.

Tommy grunted as his face was shoved into the earths wet floor with force, mud smearing on his face.

"Don't struggle, you'll only make it worse for yourself, friend." Dream unraveled the ropes as his knee was brutally pressing all of his weight between Tommys shoulder blades, locking him in place, he tried to get up.

Tommy felt so useless. He couldn't move. Dream was almost double his height along with being stronger than him. The teen clenched his fists in front of his face, tears dwelling in his eyes.

Tommy's going to lose his wings.

And that's tough shit. He didn't know what else he expected from this server, survival of the fittest.

"You'll be fine." Dream half whispered as he poured a potion of regeneration over his head, the pink staining Tommy's blonde hair a light peach.

The younger strangled out a sob, he just grew these things and now he'll have to lose them. Gods, he doesn't even want to know what the pain will be like for this.

Dream lifted up his axe, about to let it fall onto Tommys spread out wings.

...sssssssssssssssssss...

Dream yelled in pain as multiple creepers exploaded when his back was turned.

"Fuck!" Dream hissed, rapidly dropping the purple axe on the very edge of Tommys wing, standing up to treat his pulsing burns by reflex.

The masked man quickly grabbed a potion of healing from his inventory, but this gave Tommy enough time to flip around off his back and rip the axe out of his wing, as much as it hurt. Blood stained the axes netherite.

The teen suppressed a scream, biting his kuckles hard.

When will things like this come to an end. It's never ending. Exhausting.

Tommys chest heaved as he made his way up off the ground, mud splattered and smeared across his clothes.

Tommy should be in bed, softly sleeping, the warm comfort of family in his presence.

The axe was heavy and wet, its handle almost slipping from Tommys shivering fingers.

Tommy swung at Dream while he was quickly treating his wounds, distracted and unaware the boy broke free from his weapons hold.

He swung at Dream just like he would have swung his toy swords at Techno and Wilbur when they were young, tape and glue barely holding the thing together.

Tears spilled from his tired eyes.

Just like he'd swung his sword at the enemy in the wars he'd been through.

Just like now, what did Technoblade say?

"Cant you see history repeating itself?"

--

:) short but sweet

Word count: 1025 words