Epilogue

Six months later

"Babe, are you ready to go?" Julian called out from the living room of my apartment. Or, I guess I'd have to get used to calling it our apartment now.

I rushed my way to him from the bedroom, wobbling on one heel while still trying to put the other one on my still bare foot. "You know, you should know better by now. You know I'm never ready to go on time." I kissed his cheek and then made my way into the bathroom, still needing to fix my makeup.

"And you're okay with that, knowing everyone is waiting for you?"

I laughed. "They've known me for long enough. They know I won't be on time. But for your sake, I'll try to hurry."

After ten more minutes, we finally made it out of the apartment complex and Julian hailed a taxi. Once we sat in the backseat, Julian pulled me closer to him. "You look stunning," he whispered in my ear. No matter how much time had passed since we've met, he still managed to send chills down my spine. The good kind of chills.

"You know, you didn't have to come tonight. But I do appreciate it."

"Oh, come on, Lucy. Of course, I'm coming. Your hard work paid off. You, Allison, and Chris saved Harrington Inc. from going down. I was there to support you through the hard fights, and I'll be here to celebrate your success."

"Thank you. I love you." And I sealed my words with a kiss.

-

"I can't believe you're going on maternity leave already. It feels like yesterday when you showed me that sonogram, and look at you now!"

Allison rubbed her hand over her ever-growing belly. "You know, I'm going to miss seeing you every day..''

Allison's sentence was cut off by the sound of my brother's voice over the speakers.

"Good evening. Thank you for joining us in this celebration. It has been a few strange, tensive months. But I'm happy to let you all know that we've pulled through. Heck, we did a lot better than pulling through, we've turned this around."

"I want to take this moment to thank each one of you, for putting in the hours and believing in the company and us." He gestured to Allison and me. "Thank you all. Now, please, enjoy the night."

The entire room applauded for my brother's short, but powerful speech. He was right. There was no way we could have done this without the support of our staff. Chris stepped off the little stage and walked past us, to Julian. The two of them were chatting away, but I couldn't help noticing the stares and looks in my direction.

"What is up with those two?" I asked Allison, but she, too, seemed to know something I didn't.

Suddenly, the room went dark. All lights were turned off, except for one. A spotlight, shining a light on a man kneeling on one knee in the middle of the room, holding a ring.

It took me long enough before I realized that man wasn't any man. It was my man.

Chris walked up to him and handed him the microphone. The words he spoke, for everyone to hear, were the best words I've ever heard.

"Lucienne Amelia Harrington, you can be a pain in my ass on more than one occasion, but it's one of the many things I love about you. I love how you're passionate about what you do, I love how you care for the people around you more than you care for yourself. I love your eyes, your smile, and your warmth. The things you like least about yourself, are the things I love the most. I love you and can't imagine spending the rest of my life without you."

"I know the one-hundred days have long passed, but I'm going to ask you anyway. Baby, will you marry me?"

For a moment, I stopped breathing. I stopped thinking. I didn't need to think about this anyway. We had our struggles, but that was in the past.

"Yes! Yes, I'll marry you!"

Julian stood up and pulled me closer. He took my hand in his and carefully slid the ring on my finger. His one hand grabbed the side of my face, the other arm wrapped around me, pulling me close. "I can't wait to make you Mrs. Baker. I love you, Lucy," he whispered against my lips, before kissing me.

"I love you, too"