Chapter 26

The sound of the intercom blared through my apartment. That could only mean one thing. He was here. And he was going to meet my brother. Please, kill me now.

As always, it was impossible to say no to my brother. So after some pushing and nagging from his part, I gave in and invited Julian over to watch a movie with the both of us. "I swear to you, if you make me look like an idiot tonight, I will glue your ass to that wheelchair. Do you hear me?" Chris only gave me a nod, but the shimmer in his eyes had given him away. He was up to something. I had to prepare myself for the worst-case scenario.

With sweaty palms, I buzzed Julian in. It felt like time was slowing down while waiting for the doorbell to ring. I wiped my hands on my jeans, desperate to get rid of the sweaty palms. When the doorbell finally rang, I shot Chris one final look to warn him, but deep down I knew it would be of no help. I made my way to the door and opened it. In front of me, he stood, smiling wide. "Hello, beautiful," he said and placed his lips on mine. It was only then that something caught my eye. "These are for you. I remember you saying you like peonies the other day." My heart swelled and I believe a piece of me melted. He was so thoughtful.

"Thank you. They are stunning." I took the flowers from him and raised them to smell them. Delicious. I stood on the tip of my toes and pressed a kiss to his cheek and then placed my lips by his ear. "I am so sorry you have to endure my brother." He then wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest. He then, in plain view, pressed a kiss on my lips.

"Please, tell me you're done sucking face with my sister. There is only so much a guy can cope with after being in a coma for four years. I'm still getting used to stuff, you know." Way to ruin a moment, dear brother. Julian just smiled and stepped past me. He walked up to my brother and gave him a handshake. "I'm Julian. It's nice to meet you. I am sorry for the shit you went through."

Chris thanked him for his compassion and then looked at me. "I like this guy, little duck. He's one of the good ones."

"And you will be one if of the dead ones if you don't turn it down a notch. You promised you wouldn't embarrass me," I rolled my eyes and then focused my attention on Julian. "Can I get you anything to drink? A beer perhaps?"

Julian nodded his head and then turned to my brother again. "She threatened you? Does this mean you know the stories she would never tell me herself?" A glimmer of mischief was apparent in his eyes. I rolled my eyes and made my way over to the kitchen to grab a beer for Julian and Chris and a glass of wine for myself. When pouring the wine, I made sure to pour a little extra. It felt like I was going to need it.

It shouldn't have surprised me that Chris and Julian would gang up against me. But now that I thought about it, it seemed like a great alternative to them hating each other's guts.

With the drinks in my hands, I made my way back to the living room. I placed the drinks on the coffee table before I plopped down on the couch, between both men. Better to be safe than sorry, right? My quirky move wasn't enough to stop their conversation though, and I had to sit there and listen to Chris explain the 'little duck' nickname he had given me. Julian just smiled and then wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "So, little duck, huh? It suits you."

-

After the movie was finished, not that we watched any more of it, Chris decided to call it a night. I quickly got up to help him, but he raised his hand to stop me. "Luce, I know you want to help me, and I appreciate it. But I can hardly expect you to help me in the middle of the night when I have to take a leak or to come and rush to the toilet after I dumped a shit. I need to be able to do this stuff by myself." Leave it to Chris to deactivate his filter and just splurt out whatever was on his mind. The guy absolutely didn't give a damn and I loved him because of it.

It took him some time, but he had made it to the guestroom on his own. He stood in the doorway, holding the post for support when he turned around. "You kids enjoy the night, just remember that these walls aren't soundproof." He then shot me a wink, causing me to throw a pillow at him. "Goodnight, Chris!" He laughed some more and then stepped inside and closed the door. I covered my eyes with the palms of my hands. "That was so embarrassing. I am really sorry."

Julien placed a finger under my chin and lifted it so I had nowhere else to look but into his eyes. "Will you stop worrying? It was fine. You are lucky to have a brother like that. You're lucky to have him back. He's a good guy." He leaned forward and soon his lips touched mine. Our lips moved together like a perfect dance, in perfect sync, He nibbled softly on my lower lip, begging for entrance. My lips parted, and his tongue found mine. There wasn't too much tongue, just the right amount. His hand found its way to the nape of my neck, pulling me closer and deepening our kiss even more.

A moan escaped me. I wanted him closer. So much closer. As if he could read my mind, he pushed me backward. My back softly collided with the couch and Julian followed me, never breaking the kiss. I thrust my hips upward to feel more of him and I could feel his enthusiasm growing immediately. My hands found their way to the hem of his shirt. After some pulling and tugging, I was finally able to lift it over his head and throw it wherever. My shirt soon followed.

I was so lost in Julian, in the kiss. That I didn't hear the opening of the door. "Can you guys please get a room? I still need to sit on that couch you know." And then I heard a door closing again. "I really need to pee, so I'll give you two only a minute to cover yourselves up or to move to the bedroom."

"60"

"59"

Julian and I looked at each other. My face was turning crimson red, as shame and embarrassment were the only emotions I was able to feel right now. I expected to see a clue of embarrassment on his face as well. But I couldn't be more wrong.

"49"

"48"

"47"

He was trying his best to stifle his laughs.

"Way to kill the mood, dear brother. I'll get my revenge! Just wait for it!"

________________________________________________________

Hi guys,

Sorry this took a little longer than anticipated, but it's here! I just love Chris. The bond he has with Lucy, reminds me of the bond I have with my brother. My boyfriend and him are always ganging up on me, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyways, this is the first chapter dedicated to a loyal reader. This one has been with me for quite some time and has always been patient to wait for a new chapter.   

I hope you guys liked this one as much as I did! 

Don't forget to vote and leave your thoughts behind. Also, sharing my story means the world to me!

XO Anna