Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I got dressed for my night and wore the clothes that I saw fit for what I was about to do. I pulled my hair into a high, messy ponytail as a finishing touch and then made my way over to my couch where I sat down and shuffled around until I was in a comfortable position. Was I ready to give up my night of relaxation for a night of fun with the guy I lied to about who I am? What was I thinking?! I'm not doing that. The hours I work are crazy, of course, I need my relaxation time.

But then again, it would be nice to have someone in my life to share my free time with. That time would always be limited, but it would definitely be nice. And that was the moment it hit me. Sure, it would be nice to sit on the couch and swoon while watching Gabriel Macht in his fitting suits, but that wasn't life. I jumped from the couch and hurried to my room to change my comfortable joggers for skinny jeans, not caring about the sweater I was wearing. I opted for wearing heels but instead chose my slightly worn off all-stars.

Once ready, I rushed out of my apartment and ran down the stairs, not feeling like waiting for the elevator. Where did all this eagerness to see him come from all of the sudden? Wasn't I planning on staying in just a minute ago? Suddenly, I felt strangely aware of the sweater I was wearing and how it wasn't fit for the lounge I was headed too, let alone for the man I was going to see. For a minute I thought about going back up the stairs and change, but I opted against that. If he couldn't handle seeing me in my comfortable clothes, he wouldn't be the man for me.

Sure, I was on a short timeline here, but that didn't mean that I would let go of my beliefs of true love and how it should be enough to just be yourself in every way possible.

By the time I was on the ground floor, I took a minute to catch my breath. Not because of all the stairs I had just run down. No, my exercise routine made sure that wasn't necessary, I did, however, have to calm the sudden nerves I was feeling. When I felt calm enough, I made my way out of the door on my building and towards the bar.

Because of the work, I had to finish back at the office and the fact that I still had to eat when I came back, it was now around 10. Which meant that there was a certain buzz in the bar. It was nowhere near the kind of busy where you have to push through people to make your way around, but the booths and tables were all filled. Not that that meant anything to me, as I was planning to sit by the bar.

I sat down on a stool by the right end of the bar and was happy to see that the seats by the bar weren't filled up nor that there were lines of customers waiting to buy a drink. It didn't take long for Julian to notice me and a big smile formed on his face. Was he that happy to see me?

Did his enthusiasm mean there really could be something there? No, I could not go there. I had to stay focused and remember that, according to him, I am not Lucy Harrington, CEO of a multibillion-dollar company. I was Allison Blake, an executive assistant.

Oh God, this should stop. I shouldn't have come here. What was I thinking? He was not the type of person who would shove away his morals en believes, or rather said, his strong opinions of wealthy people. He was not the guy I should marry and no way that I was the type of girl who would take this big of a risk. I had to leave. I was supposed to be chilling on my couch, watching some episodes of my Suits on Netflix and consoling all my feelings by finishing a tub of ice cream. All by myself.

For a quick second, I considered to leave the lounge before he could properly greet me, but then I thought back to that amazing kiss in Central Park earlier today. I could still feel the tingles on my lips and the butterflies in my stomach every time I thought back to that moment. Something that happened to happen occasionally during this afternoon and early evening.